ASA Getting screwed by Skyest

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
This just came down the pike.

SLC to close all 70's going to Skywest.

ATRs all going in August to be replaced by CRJ-900s (24 total)
I know I am going to get shot in the foot for saying this (so I apologize to the ASA guys/gals)...but why is this such a bad thing?

Oportunity to move into jet equipment = good!

Having to move...not so good

Sorry if I sound ignorant...but to me this sounds like a good opportunity?!
Yeah but they have to move from Salt Lake to /shudder Atlanta.
Quote: Oportunity to move into jet equipment = good!
A jet is really not that cool to fly, and besides, who really cares if the hot gas comes out the back or turns a big prop? A good payrate and the check clearing twice a month is all that really matters...

Besides, a 68 seat turboprop is *golden* in these days of $70+ fuel.
Slaphappy....

Where do you get your information from? Nothing posted officially from SkyWest HQ or on ASAnet.....
inflight SLC vp said it in the crew room. FL an SH in the crew bus. Dozens of fellow crews have told me.

Its the same kind of buzz a day before the Skywest deal went public
Quote: A jet is really not that cool to fly, and besides, who really cares if the hot gas comes out the back or turns a big prop? A good payrate and the check clearing twice a month is all that really matters...

Besides, a 68 seat turboprop is *golden* in these days of $70+ fuel.
Let me take this one step further. The pay and check clearing twice a month is good. The PIC time is what REALLY matters, regardless of whether you get it in a prop or a jet.
Pay cut
Unlike Comair, ASA pilots haven't had to take a pay cut..........Yet. It could be worse?
Quote: the hot gas comes out the back or turns a big prop?

Thats good but I pefer the "large unducted N1 fan" better
Quote: Unlike Comair, ASA pilots haven't had to take a pay cut..........Yet. It could be worse?
Not so sure. Personnel who moved from Dalas got hosed... I know of one FO who closed on a house 2 weeks prior to the Dallas closing being announced (the president of ASA had just said we were in Dallas for the long term). He lost $30,000 on his house and was not nearly compensated for the actual cost of his move. He was typical. Now some of these people who took it in the shorts a few years ago on the Dallas move will take it again; I see some credit cards run up, some people getting over their heads, and some marriages disolving. Not in management, of course. We'll get the old shoulder shrug and "we're one big happy family" speech while they pocket their bonuses.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to