Favorite Quotes?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to
History, Literature, Music, Film, Life. Share them, keep it clean and positive if you will.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you (deleted) with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Come on, you sons of *****es! Do you want to live forever?
GySgt. Daniel J. "Dan" Daly, USMC
near Lucy-`le-Bocage as he led the 5th Marines' attack into Belleau Wood, 6 June 1918

This is inscribed in stone in the new Marine museum, the sentiment is repeated many times in modern writing.

Little Bill Daggett: Well, you sir, are a cowardly son of a *****! You just shot an unarmed man!
Bill Munny: He should have armed himself if he was goin' to decorate his saloon with my friend.

"Unforgiven"
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- General George Patton

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.J
George S. Patton

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, Teach a man to fish, and you lose a valuable business opportunity.

"author unknown"

r
At some point in every man's life he's going to have to deal with the sight of his dead grandmother crawling up his leg with a knife in her teeth..... but no one should have to handle this binge.
When I was young I use to pray to God every night for a shiny new bike, then I realized he didn't work that way.... So I stole one and asked for forgiveness.
Colour Sgt. Bourne: "Sir, sentries report the Zulus have gone. All of them. It's a miracle."
Lt. Chard: "If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer-Henry point-four-five caliber miracle."
Sgt. Bourne: "And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind it." -- ZULU

"No no Sir, it wasn't quite so handsome. We didn't carry military manuals around with us, we were out on the Veldt fighting the Boer the way he fought us. I will tell you what rule we applied sir. We applied Rule 303. We caught them and shot them under Rule 303!"

Breaker Morant
guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue
If you marry for money, it will be the hardest buck you ever made.

My Mom
deleted...
"To the German Commander, NUTS!"
"A man is likely to mind his own business when it is worth minding. When it is not, he takes his mind off his own meaningless affairs by minding other people's business."

Eric Hoffer

The True Believer: Thoughts on the Nature of Mass Movements
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 10
Go to