FDX Union Pres

Subscribe
At the hub meeting did anyone ask DW about his new B777 Captain award? Or, did anyone congratulate him?
Last time I saw him at the AOC nobody was talking to him... I am guessing that is still the case.. I know I have NOTHING to say to him!
Quote: At the hub meeting did anyone ask DW about his new B777 Captain award? Or, did anyone congratulate him?
Most of the meeting pertained to FLT 80.

I don't think anyone was interested in his bid.
Quote: Most of the meeting pertained to FLT 80.

I don't think anyone was interested in his bid.
Putting aside the recent tragedy, everyone union member should be insulted by the MEC Chairman, the director of the union message, sending message lines to the membership which come as close to saying, "Don't bid the B777" as legally possible... then holding a bid for Capt B777. The word hypocrite isn't strong enough. Whenever, he has the nerve to stand before the membership, the first order of business should be to explain how this doesn't break the faith of those he supposedly leads.
Quote: Putting aside the recent tragedy, everyone union member should be insulted by the MEC Chairman, the director of the union message, sending message lines to the membership which come as close to saying, "Don't bid the B777" as legally possible... then holding a bid for Capt B777. The word hypocrite isn't strong enough. Whenever, he has the nerve to stand before the membership, the first order of business should be to explain how this doesn't break the faith of those he supposedly leads.

Hell must have frozen over? I've never agreed with Mr. "Open Mind." I'm usually accusing him of being part of the problem instead of part of the solution. I must admit though, that he's probably correct in this case.
He's not running for re-election. That should answer why he bid it.
I was at the memorial last thursday night when our two fallen crewmembers arrived. We were all standing in the heavy rain including Orlando and other management pilots. I looked over and noticed DW standing under an umbrella 4 or 5 peolple down from FS. What is up with that. He represents us and should have been standing proud next to us instead of trying to look like a bigshot. I was very impressed with Orlando and ashamed of DW. Any one else notice this or am I being over critical?
Quote: I was at the memorial last thursday night when our two fallen crewmembers arrived. We were all standing in the heavy rain including Orlando and other management pilots. I looked over and noticed DW standing under an umbrella 4 or 5 peolple down from FS. What is up with that. He represents us and should have been standing proud next to us instead of trying to look like a bigshot. I was very impressed with Orlando and ashamed of DW. Any one else notice this or am I being over critical?
I thought you wore a hat so you wouldn't need an umbrella? Plus, unless you've got a woman or a small child on your arm, men shouldn't use umbrellas. Ever. I don't mean to make light of the situation - that's pretty embarrasing, all in all.