ASA & the CRJ700 & 900

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Has anyone heard thru the grapevine or by other means as to just how many CRJ700's & 900's are going to ATL?

atp
13 CRJ 900's going to ATL by June '07. Two of the 900's delivered "soon".

13 CRJ 700's currently flown by ASA in SLC will stay in SLC and be flown by SkyWest by Sept '06.
Will these CR9's be configured with two classes at 70 seats or 76 as the new agreement allows? Anyone know if there are any plans to replace all of the CR7's with CR9's?
Thats the first I heard of an ASA getting any 900's. I thought Mesa had most of those deliveries tied up.
XtremeF150
Quote: Thats the first I heard of an ASA getting any 900's. I thought Mesa had most of those deliveries tied up.
XtremeF150
Not according to APC's ASA page. I, too, though that only Mesa had the 9's wrapped up. The 9 is the a/c that I eventually would like to fly. As stated before, I like the "original" Delta Connection Family (Comair, ASA & CHQ). I know that Mesa is part of Delta Connection and that ASA has been sold, however, I've gotten quite a bit of negative feedback on Mesa in terms of work rules, QOL and the like. I don't know, maybe things will improve for them (Mesa) to make them a more attractive place to work in the future.

I think it would be great if both Comair & ASA got more 7's and the 9's in ATL. Would make for an easier commute. JMO.

atp
Mesa does in fact have the 900 deliveries locked up (for the first 100 or so?) but they have released some of those positions to Lufthansa, Air Canada Jazz, some Turkish airline, and now apparently SKW/ASA.

Other than SK/ASA, none of those companies are likely to compete much with Mesa.

Word is that Mesa will also take some more 900's this year.
900's???? Oh those Delta guys need to learn what SCOPE is!!!!!! That should be a mainline aircraft.
I agree.

The bigger the aircraft gets, the less likely any of us will ever get on with a legacy carrier. Even tho the 900's will have 70 seats until/if DAL agrees to the new contract allowing SkyWest/ASA to add 6 more seats (76 total)..when will enough be enough. Are the pilots getting paid more? I bet they are not getting paid near the 737/320/MD80 scales. Flying the 900 and we will still get paid CRJ700 scales...oh by the way...IT'S THE SAME as the CRJ200 scale! When are we going to wake up?

"I have seen the enemy..and the enemy is us!"
I pray that the destruction of retirements over the past five years creates a turn in the direction of things. In any case, ALPA MUST be dismantled. One MEC at a time. They are serving themselves and the greedy politicos that are on the board. They would sell their mothers if it meant a profit to themselves.
I "thought" we were getting the 705; which is the 700 with "10" first class seats. Is that the same as the 900?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to