Avoiding furlough at UPS slides

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to
Quote: Yeah, I'd be surprised if us junior guys could even hold lines with reduced work/pay.
Exactly! My last airline did just this. I was about 75% in base and couldn't even think of a reduced value line.
Quote: This comment I am sure will inspire senior pilots to jump in there to help you out.
being nice to them so far hasn't helped, has it?
Quote: being nice to them so far hasn't helped, has it?
Ha... I had an ACP actually ask me if I could "find it in my heart" to waive crew duty limits the other day for a broken plane they hoped to fix. This is after the Captain already said "no." Both 3-stripers in the bottom 300. These guys just don't get it.
Quote: Once again I see Bob Miller and the EB taking care of the geezers. Screw you if you don't fit into his plan. Does anyone actually think these geezers will take a reduced guarantee?
Just curious, what about the plan specifically makes you think that Miller and the EB are taking care of the geezers and not the junior pilots? Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the plan was designed to prevent or mitigate junior members being furloughed.
Quote: Ha... I had an ACP actually ask me if I could "find it in my heart" to waive crew duty limits the other day for a broken plane they hoped to fix. This is after the Captain already said "no." Both 3-stripers in the bottom 300. These guys just don't get it.
Is it the ACP's who r asking for favors ('operational need') or does crew scheduling ask for that, too?
Quote: being nice to them so far hasn't helped, has it?
If you look at the slides it would appear that almost as many 88 guys signed up for something to mitigate the furlough as the pilots hired in 2007. The 2007 guys looking at the street and the 88 guys, they don't have to do anything but they have.
Quote: Is it the ACP's who r asking for favors ('operational need') or does crew scheduling ask for that, too?
In my case, it was the ACP asking directly (while sitting on the airplane with us, willing the plane to fix itself I guess). I had no contact w/ crew skeds on this one; the gateway guy (not ACP) called crew skeds himself -- I think to expedite our getting into rest so the plane could push out at the earliest possible time. Scheduler told him we weren't going to be released until we timed out, even though the required part wouldn't be available until hours after that. He apologized to us, shrugged his shoulders, glared at the ACP, and walked away.
Quote: If you look at the slides it would appear that almost as many 88 guys signed up for something to mitigate the furlough as the pilots hired in 2007. The 2007 guys looking at the street and the 88 guys, they don't have to do anything but they have.
I don't buy it.

they get to bid on "reduced flying"..which is basically retirement with full benefits as those employed.

Somehow I don't see them doing it as a favor for us..

Do you see any of the over 60 fellows offering to flat out retiring (for the 2nd time) to save a job??

I haven't!
Quote: Ha... I had an ACP actually ask me if I could "find it in my heart" to waive crew duty limits the other day for a broken plane they hoped to fix. This is after the Captain already said "no." Both 3-stripers in the bottom 300. These guys just don't get it.
HAHA...find it in your heart??? LOL!! was he asking for an organ donation? Was someone dying??

I didn't think making delivery on packages was that important.

Furlough or no furlough...I must say..I love how this volcano is making them all look like arses for telling us we have too many pilots.
Quote: I don't buy it.

they get to bid on "reduced flying"..which is basically retirement with full benefits as those employed.

Somehow I don't see them doing it as a favor for us..

Do you see any of the over 60 fellows offering to flat out retiring (for the 2nd time) to save a job??

I haven't!
The slides don't break which group, but about 67 guys were looking for some type of retirement.

MBB
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 10
Go to