HELP: Replacing suitcase wheels

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Anyone out there have the experience of replacing suitcase wheels? You would think that the internet would be loaded with "Travelpro Wheel Rebuild Kits". But you would be surprised, there are none...

Heres what I've got: Travelpro suitcase, I believe my wheels are 72mm, they have bearings. But what diameter size bearings? Why do I have to buy a 4 or 8 pack of rollerblade inline wheels for 2 wheels?

Someone help me that has done this...what did you do?...
Quote: Anyone out there have the experience of replacing suitcase wheels? You would think that the internet would be loaded with "Travelpro Wheel Rebuild Kits". But you would be surprised, there are none...

Heres what I've got: Travelpro suitcase, I believe my wheels are 72mm, they have bearings. But what diameter size bearings? Why do I have to buy a 4 or 8 pack of rollerblade inline wheels for 2 wheels?

Someone help me that has done this...what did you do?...

I think any crewoutfitters will fix it for you, and give you a loaner bag while you wait.

That's all i got though, good luck duder.
I just went down to play it again sports and bought 2 rollerblade wheels and two new bearings. Took old wheels off, put new ones on. Problem sovled. Only cost a couple of bucks.
Rollerblade wheels, the hard ones, not the soft ones. They will outlast any suitcase wheels that you will find. You will also need two small, thin, brass washers from any hardware store to fit over the axle. I have had mine on for 2 years, and they are still in great shape.
It's hard to express how frustrating it is. All the luggage stores do not carry parts in stock, and they send the suitcase out for 2 weeks for repair. Sports authority have rollerblade wheels sold in packs of 4 or 8 at $40 and then have to buy pack of bearings for $20.

Why should it be so difficult?
Make sure when you get new wheels that they have the little flashing lights in them.
Yea those look soooo professional! On the other hand in DCA when we walk across the ramp they might be helpful so we don't get taken out....
The only place I know is the Stop-Over-Store in DTW (there is also one in MSP). Can go online, or even call. They are very helpful. http://www.stopoverstore.com/product...id/355/nid/397
Have you tried the local luggage repair?

Boy, I really need to get a job. Try this if you need 72 mm "rims":
http://www.flightattendantshop.com/p...nid/34/pid/281
Quote: Make sure when you get new wheels that they have the little flashing lights in them.
classic I saw a CAL 777 CA with these, it was pure awesomeness
I had this problem with the Luggage Works rollaboard I have. The bearings are going bad. I called LW, and they happily shipped me two new bearings for free, covered by the warranty. TravelPro might have something similar? Otherwise you might try ebay for wheels/bearings.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to