Atlantic Plus-Plus - CAL/UAL/Lufty/Air Canada

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Continental can join Star Alliance and form joint venture, DOT says - Houston Business Journal:

The Joint Venture cancer is spreading - now CAL, UAL, Air Canada, and Lufthansa are entering trans-atlantic joint venture and revenue sharing. UAL has already set the stage with its IAD-Madrid "United" flights using Shamrock A330s and unknown pilots. It's only a matter of time before we see an Uzbekistani Captain in command of a Lufthansa 747-400 flying as "Continetal XXX" from Frankfurt to Toronto, codesharing with WestJet and providing feed to Southwest (by then a wholly owned subsidiary of GoJet).

Am I overreacting? Someone please say so.
I think that you are overreacting. This is the whole point of an airline alliance. These alliances have been around for a long time. NWA/KLM for instance. As pilots, we all need to keep our guard up when it comes to job outsourcing, but I don't that that this announcement in itself will lead to more outsourcing.
The UAL and CAL pilots are about to get it in the shorts.
Quote: The UAL and CAL pilots are about to get it in the shorts.

How is that?
Other than CAL and Luthansia, who else are strong long term players?

UAL and Air Canda have great employees, but their management is far below average.
Now with CAL in the "Star and Sickle" Alliance Lufthansa can sell out jetblue to DAL.

They do have 2 seats on B6 board and I feel they were using B6 to whip-sal CAL management.
Quote: UAL and Air Canda have great employees, but their management is far below average.
Quote: Now with CAL in the "Star and Sickle" Alliance Lufthansa can sell out jetblue to DAL.

They do have 2 seats on B6 board and I feel they were using B6 to whip-sal CAL management.

I don't see DAL getting past antitrust laws to buy another US Major.

AL
Quote: I don't see DAL getting past antitrust laws to buy another US Major.
I don't think Delta wants JB. And antitrust wouldn't be an issue if there was little to no route overlap.
Quote: I don't think Delta wants JB. And antitrust wouldn't be an issue if there was little to no route overlap.

Antitrust would be an issue for sure. I think Lufthansa would be more likely to buy more of Jetblue.

AL
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to