Lightning strike on CRJ

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
The holes above the window line are the same..that's the same airplane.

I rule in favor of the defendants, this is indeed a fire not a lightning strike.

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.
Quote: Your picture looks like it was taken after they cut some metal away for repair or investigation. Same airplane.
Now that I look closer, I agree with you it looks like they took some metal or a panel off. The lightning strike pictures have "830" on the airplane, I'll go to our hanger and see if has the same number.
Quote: Im in class on the 900 right now and we were shown slides on that particular aircraft and it is an o2 line that burst and melted the l/h fwd fuse behind the garment closet. the o2 bott is located on the on the l/h side of fwd entry door. They were not flying. it was before they were off the ground.

slight correction.... true the O2 bottle on the 900 is where you stated, but the 200 shown in the fire pictures has the bottle located in the avionics compartment.
I checked the plane a few minutes ago, it is N830AS with 830 on the front. It is the same airplane.
Quote: That hole would be the equivalent a 100mm+ artillery round hitting an armored vehicle.
Or a 12.7mm shell striking an aluminum-skinned aircraft.
DEFINATLY NOT LIGHTNING. Lightning makes small pin sized holes in the aircraft not that crater.. Definatly a fire.
Quote: slight correction.... true the O2 bottle on the 900 is where you stated, but the 200 shown in the fire pictures has the bottle located in the avionics compartment.
The pipe for the jumpseater's mask goes behind that panel, I suspect that's where the blowtorch came from.
Quote: Or a 12.7mm shell striking an aluminum-skinned aircraft.
50's don't contain HE.
Quote: 50's don't contain HE.
I was thinking of the Russian stuff - my bad.

Exit wound maybe?
Call it fate, luck or a blessing but it is a miracle that it did not happen in the air!
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to