Aircraft Sales

Subscribe
HAs anyone considered or is currently in aircraft sales? It seems like it would be a good path, but I'm not sure how to even get into the field. Im not really interested in the single-engine traveling a/c salesman, but things like king airs and business jets. Do you have to start out selling the single-engines first? Just curious.
I been looking into that also. The local FBO does quite a bit of AC sales in addition to the usual MTX and fuel services, seems like it might be a good place to work. I havn't had much luck yet since the economy is so bad and they havn't been hiring, but I keep trying.
hmm...
It's something I thought of looking into. But, with the economy as soft as it is and the GA manufacturers making cuts, I think the opportunities would be few and far between.
I was in aircraft sales for a few years and owned a brokerage myself. It is tough work and a very unregulated industry. You wouldn't believe the lengths people will go through to try and get around paying you a commission. We sold mostly retired airliners and the money was good but the ulcers weren't.

If you want to get into the business, definitely try to get in to an established firm. There are a few very big guys out there that buy their inventory so they don't have the problems the standard broker has. It is extremely difficult to gain credibility and get folks to deal with you. Several companies will pay on a draw schedule but some are straight commission.

Do lots of research and know biz jets and turbo props inside and out then go talk to the guys and show motivation.

Good luck!
Agree with RYGuy.
Tough business! Hard to build a reference list and gain credibility. Need to know the market, the products, direct operating costs, etc. Want to get folks into the right aircraft for their needs, not by what is only in the local inventory. Want to show how the plane serves their needs and then if possible show growth to a future planes, etc and build a business relationship. Good luck!