The Upturn Has Begun! (I hope!)

Subscribe
Hi!

A number of US PAX charter pilots reported that their business FINALLY started to pick up last month, and was continuing to pick up this month.

Atlas recalled some FEs this week.
Evergreen just announced some recalls.
Kalitta Air (747s) just announced some recalls.

cliff
NBO
PS-If you have lost your job, like I did, or are now getting furloughed, here is some hope. God bless.
Good news! I hope the trend continues and all our brothers get off the street.

Celebrate with a trip a Lolitas! You know what 700 baht gets you?
Hang in there Cliff, you'll get something!
hopefully it is getting better, but SWA had a loss for the first quarter.
Hi!

Just (8 Sep 2009) read this in a Business Week article...
"Now, with signs that the global economy is recovering from recession, Samsung is spurring its efforts to cement its leadership. TV business chief Yoon says his company aims to sell at least 10 million LED-lit LCD TVs next year, about five times its targeted volume this year, as the LED segment gains popularity and competition gets tough."

cliff
NBO
Another sign?
JP Morgan analyst upgrades UPS shares
On Wednesday September 9, 2009, 11:06 am EDT

United Parcel Service shares rise on upgrade from JP Morgan analyst

NEW YORK (AP) -- A JP Morgan analyst upgraded United Parcel Service Inc. on Wednesday, saying its share price does not reflect the boost it would get from a recovering economy.

Analyst Thomas R. Wadewitz upgraded the shares to "Overweight" with a $70 price target, from "Neutral" with a $57 price target. UPS shares rose $1.54, or 2.9 percent, to $55.64 in morning trading.

"We believe that the greatest single driver of UPS stock is likely to be performance of the US economy," Wadewitz wrote, "and at the present time our sense is that UPS reflects less anticipation of a turn in the economy than most other large cap industrial and transportation stocks."

He said the potential downside risk for the shares is moderate, while the potential for a gain is significant. Wadewitz also said that while there has not been a strong turnaround in transport demand, comments from trucking companies, as well as rail volumes and airline freight data "point to incremental improvement in demand. We believe that gradual improvement in parcel/express volumes is also likely," he wrote.
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/ca...6-usa-jet.html

PS. ATPCliff - You're welcome...
It would be nice! Forgive me for not holding my breath. I'm still trying to pay off my student loans from 10 years ago!
UAL Leads Airlines to Seven-Month High After JPMorgan Says Buy - Bloomberg.com

Even UAL is looking "better".............

Hope the turn around is not a small uptick........