Horizon air Pilots

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hi all,

I just begun my job hunt, just wondering if any current pilot in horizon air has any info regarding QOL, pay, routes, upgrade and company stability.

thank you
From what I've heard Horizon is a great airline. My uncle works there and loves it. You can check the pay section of this site to see the pay. They're one of the best paying regionals and I think they offer the highest first year pay.

QOL is great. He has told me that the company really cares about their employees. He had a buddy who left Horizon for Alaska and ended up coming back. The cheif pilot gave him his old seniority number nad everything.

You can find the route map on their website. They fly all over the west coast and in the mountains. They've taken some routes for Frontier. If you want to fly a jet or get a quick upgrade it probably isn't the airline for you. They've converted the majority of their CRJ orders to dash 8s. A lot of people who go there are making a career move, they're there for the long haul.

Overall I've gotten a great impresion about it.
"The cheif pilot gave him his old seniority number nad everything. "

cough cough....bull****....cough cough....
Quote: QOL is great. He has told me that the company really cares about their employees.
Ok. Settle down. Now, I do enjoy working for Horizon and plan to make it my career airline. However, let's get some things straight. The company could give a rat's pink little bottom about their employees. They offer a lot of company kool-aid and some people drink a lot of it. However, the truth of the matter is, Horizon is just like every other regional out there when it comes to pilot/management relationships. They try to screw us all the time, and we hate them for it.

Why do so many people stay at Horizon? Great equipment. Great co-workers. Great flying. Livable wages. Bases in the Northwest.

Did I miss anything?
The crew meals, Baby! The crew meals!
Quote: The crew meals, Baby! The crew meals!
Mmmmmm... I remember stealing those off inbound flights as a ramper at FedEx. Those were some AWESOME crew meals!!! Especially the ones from Japan. They had some interesting drinks in the cooler too!!!
Quote: Hi all,

I just begun my job hunt, just wondering if any current pilot in horizon air has any info regarding QOL, pay, routes, upgrade and company stability.

thank you

...depends on what you get hired into...CRJ=good life...DHC-8's=hard knock life...
Quote: The chief pilot gave him his old seniority number and everything.
...how does that work???
I'm not sure about on the flight line, but when I worked the ramp in SEA they told me when I left if I wanted to come back and keep my number I had 6 months to return. Maybe there is something like that for the flight crews?
Quote: I'm not sure about on the flight line, but when I worked the ramp in SEA they told me when I left if I wanted to come back and keep my number I had 6 months to return. Maybe there is something like that for the flight crews?
Only if you went to UND......
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to