What to do with a 2nd class???

Subscribe
Quick question for anyone wishing to chime in. I am curious if there are many jobs out there that will accept a 2nd class medical (no 1st for medical reasons). I am aware of part 91 operations only needing a 2nd, and airline FOs only needing 2nds but most companies require the 1st. Will a major airline hire someone with only a 2nd, on a case by case basis. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Quote: Quick question for anyone wishing to chime in. I am curious if there are many jobs out there that will accept a 2nd class medical (no 1st for medical reasons). I am aware of part 91 operations only needing a 2nd, and airline FOs only needing 2nds but most companies require the 1st. Will a major airline hire someone with only a 2nd, on a case by case basis. Has anyone ever heard of this?
No, when you finally get to the airlines just get a first class, and most operations before that you need a 2nd, if you need a 1st someone will let you know....

again NO
I think you may need a First class medical if you fly internationally now. I think this was a change after they put in the requirement for the SIC type.

Not completely sure...haven't been over there in a long time.
They might if they are desperate for pilots, but unfortunely probably not. When they hire people they are looking for someone who can become a Captain and someone with a medical condition prohibiting them from doing that is probably someone they will not consider. Sorry.
yeah..that is kind of what i figured as well..oh well...i just wanted to see what everyones' opinion was.