Sample Referral Letters, anyone?

Subscribe
Hi,

As many other pilots in these hard times I was forced to look for a new employer. I am attaching a couple letters of references to enhance my resume. Most of the people that will refer me do not have time and energy to write a letter on their own. They asked me to write one and they will just sign it. I find it very hard to be objective about myself. Does any of you have sample letters of references I could use as an aid writing a letter of reference about myself? I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm looking for anything from simple phrases such as "experienced, professional, and enthusiastic" to full letters I could use as an inspiration. Anything will do. It's especially hard for me since English is my second language (to Polish). Appreciate your help in advance!

Chris
Why don't they have a few minutes to write something down. The interviewers do not want to read an essay, especially if this is an entry level job.
I gave this one to a buddy. Let me know if it works.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to reluctantly recommend ___________ for a pilot position with ____________________. There is a chance that he would become an average employee, but most likely will wallow in mediocrity with several disciplinary issues.

I met ___________ more than six years ago and have sometimes wondered why I still am in contact with him. It has always been apparent that ______________ strives to please himself while occasionally providing limited service to his employer and sincere concern for his so-called friends. His customer service is border-line unless monetary bonuses are involved. ___________’s interpersonal skills are slightly above average while somehow continuously forming enemies in the workplace and in social settings. It is a wonder his complete disregard for other humans’ welfare has yet to land him in prison or in an early, shallow grave.

I have flown with _______ on many frightening occasions and can assure you that his parabolic female hormonal emotions often lead to fits of screams and tears. It is a wonder how he is able to view the instruments through his bloodshot eyes. I have yet to determine if the visible blood vessels are from his alcoholic binges or his incessant crying.
Please take my recommendation into consideration when interviewing ____________________. Please feel free to contact me with any concerns or warnings.

Sincerely,
Thx Bloodhound, I appreciate your intensions. AirWillie - the problem is they're people with very high social statuses and what is imminent in that case - chronic time deficit. I totally understand that and I'm actually glad they even decided to help me out. One of them is a CEO, the other one executive manager of an nbc branch etc. They're not really pilots per se.
Quote: I gave this one to a buddy. Let me know if it works.

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to reluctantly recommend ___________ for a pilot position with ____________________. There is a chance that he would become an average employee, but most likely will wallow in mediocrity with several disciplinary issues.

I met ___________ more than six years ago and have sometimes wondered why I still am in contact with him. It has always been apparent that ______________ strives to please himself while occasionally providing limited service to his employer and sincere concern for his so-called friends. His customer service is border-line unless monetary bonuses are involved. ___________’s interpersonal skills are slightly above average while somehow continuously forming enemies in the workplace and in social settings. It is a wonder his complete disregard for other humans’ welfare has yet to land him in prison or in an early, shallow grave.

I have flown with _______ on many frightening occasions and can assure you that his parabolic female hormonal emotions often lead to fits of screams and tears. It is a wonder how he is able to view the instruments through his bloodshot eyes. I have yet to determine if the visible blood vessels are from his alcoholic binges or his incessant crying.
Please take my recommendation into consideration when interviewing ____________________. Please feel free to contact me with any concerns or warnings.

Sincerely,
LOL I bet Mesa would hire him!
I'm kinda disappointed about merely off-topic replies to my thread. I will ask on a different forum.
http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/re...tml#post216708
oh wow, a nice once, am going to save it for future use, never know