FDX -- more ANC hotel standbys

Subscribe
looks like more ANC hotel standbys for Volcano reroutes.

Question, how does a two day standby pay/level only 6 hours?

Trip Recap
ANC 11 22JUN09 (HSBY)
Shows in 0 days 0:00 hours
Block Pay 6:00
R D Flight ------ Scheduled ------- -------- Actual --------
R Flight H Date Org-Dst Eq Dprt Arrv Blok Turn Duty Dprt Arrv Blok Turn Duty Meals
— —————— — ——————— ——————— —— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— ———— ——————

STHOTL 22Jun09 ANC-ANC 1530 0300 1130 1230 1130 1530 1130
HOTEL 22JUN09 907-272-7411/HILTON ANCHORAGE
STHOTL 23Jun09 ANC-ANC 1530 0300 1130 1130

---- T O T A L S C H E D U L E D --- ------ T O T A L A C T U A L -------
Away Blok DH Dty Min Trip Totl Pay Away Blok DH Dty Min Trip Totl Pay
===== ==== ==== === === ==== ==== ==== ===== ==== ==== === === ==== ==== ====
3530 0 600
I am too lazy to look it up right now, but I asked scheduling the same question a couple months ago. They put me on hold and then came out and quoted me chapter and verse out of our contract about hotel stbys "in domicile" only pay the same as an r-day. It is in there, sorry...You will get per diem and make them provide you ground transportation to and from the hotel so you don't get stuck with paying for parking.
Shouldn't that prg at least pay 2 R days worth of pay then?
Quote: I am too lazy to look it up right now, but I asked scheduling the same question a couple months ago. They put me on hold and then came out and quoted me chapter and verse out of our contract about hotel stbys "in domicile" only pay the same as an r-day. It is in there, sorry...You will get per diem and make them provide you ground transportation to and from the hotel so you don't get stuck with paying for parking.
More of that "hidden money" in our contract
Quote: More of that "hidden money" in our contract
They did such a good job of hiding that money, we have been looking for years, and still can't find it. I think next time, we need to have them "Show me the money!"
Sec. 4.O. Base Standby Pay

1. A pilot on base airport or base hotel standby shall be guaranteed minimum standby pay of an R-day value, except as provided in Section 4.O.2. (below).

2. If a pilot eligible for substitution is assigned a base standby (as provided in Section 25.H.5.d.), and does not block-out on a trip, he shall be credited with 6 CH towards his substitution guarantee. If he blocks out on a trip, he shall be compensated the greater of trip guarantee for such trip or substitution availability credit.

3. If a pilot on base airport standby blocks out on a trip, he shall earn the trip guarantee for that trip, with the calculation of MPDP and duty rig beginning at showtime of the standby period.

4. If a pilot on base hotel standby blocks out on a trip, he shall earn the trip guarantee for that trip.
so shouldn't it be r-day value X 2
sadly, I believe r days are only 3 hours now
Quote: so shouldn't it be r-day value X 2
That's the way I read it.

Quote: sadly, I believe r days are only 3 hours now
Not quite. ANC F/O RSV day value for June is 3:58. So, seems like the trip should pay 7:56.

But, I'm sure there is another interpretation...That would be the company's.