Tap Air Portugal

Subscribe
Does anyone have any info on Tap Air Portugal or any other Portuguese airlines? Thanks.
Tap
A few years ago, I went to Lisbon to provide training to their avionics staff on my companies avionics gear. I rode on an older A310 out of Newark. The cabin crew and gate staff were great people.

The aircraft was showing a bit of wear, but that was to be expected. They have since moved up to the A330 and A340. They are members of the JAA/ EASA and will require appropriate licensure. As a national carrier, they would prefer locals. In my talks with the flight, cabin, and technical staff, I found them to be professional and sincere people. I really felt welcome. I would like to go back to Lisbon, someday.

Are you wanting to fly for them or work for them in another capacity? I did not meet anyone who seemed unhappy to work there. Of course there were some, but I didn't meet any.

Here is the HR recruitment site: Site de Recrutamento

Regretfully Portuguese is not a language that I read.

Good luck!
Thanks for the input. My current situation is that I'm an American born Portuguese national (my parents are originally from the mainland and I am a Portuguese citizen). I do speak Portuguese (not well enough to pass an interview at this point, it takes about a month of me being there to get the hang of it, I guess that comes from non-use of the language). I do have the right to work there but I do not have JAR licensees, and from what I understand it can be a pain to get them. Oh well, just finding out more about them. The site lists a requirement of a commercial pilot ticket with multi-engines rating and 300 hours, since I"m flying for a regional right now, I think I have that covered. Who knows? Maybe I should put together a cover-letter and send it off.