Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to
Hi!

I got my current job via climbto350.com

cliff
NBO
Thought you should add www.willflyforfood.com to your list.
Quote: Use any contact you have got at any time in your past. Pester former students, a captain you right seated with or some guy who randomly gave you his card in an FBO.
Try to get line service work, talk to everyone, or just plain hang around in FBO's.
Whatever you do, do it well, with professionalism and don't let anyone beat you to what you want.

I'm low time and managed to score a pt91 King Air PIC deal doing all of the above, it is possible in this economy.

Well Said Stringer....Im tired of all these naysayers on this forum constantly, and i mean constantly, B&%#tching about the job market....if you don't like it, do something about it! You can spend four hours a day browsing through this forum, or maybe, just maybe, you could ACTUALLY go out and hand deliver your resume to 5 different companies at a local airport. BTW, this is my very first post....
Quote: Use any contact you have got at any time in your past. Pester former students, a captain you right seated with or some guy who randomly gave you his card in an FBO.
Try to get line service work, talk to everyone, or just plain hang around in FBO's.
Whatever you do, do it well, with professionalism and don't let anyone beat you to what you want.

I'm low time and managed to score a pt91 King Air PIC deal doing all of the above, it is possible in this economy.
This guy gets it! You can have a subscription to every job board in the world, nothing beats networking! These job boards know how to make an easy buck, some of them do it better than others by posting old, recycled Ads just to attract new people.
Check out www.flightopenings.com.

They don't recycle old jobs, or charge people.
aircharterguide.com

This website lists a lot of charter companies. Hope this helps somebody
Laid off 10 months...but have hope and will not give up. Try Avcrew.com. They are free and they also do not recycle job postings. Another is JSfirm.com however they do recycle but there is no fee. They also take their postings down when the company requests it. Stay positive. Luna
How could this benefit a low time pilot i.e less than 500 or 1000 hrs. With no one hiring, no one is moving on. There is a giant supply of pilots with tons of experience and they are just back logging all of us less experienced guys. Of course they are more competitive than us low timers which leaves us in the dirt.
Locked Gates
Problem has been that you need an airplane to actually fly in to airports to look for a job. If you are driving in - can't even get into the airport to talk to anyone as all the gates are locked, FBO - forget talking to some desk clerk and leaving a resume. Fly a plane in - or network - every job on a job board seems to have thousands of applicants - qualified or not - the chances of actually having someone look at your application - next to zero - good luck -
Nice posting
It is so nice to see that other pilots are looking out for there own
thanks guys
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 2 of 7
Go to