FDX & Shipping Fish

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Have any of you sent fish on dry ice with our employee discount? I have a bud that wants to send me a cooler full from AK. I didn't know if there were any limits on discounted shipping with dry ice or overnight.
Quote: Have any of you sent fish on dry ice with our employee discount? I have a bud that wants to send me a cooler full from AK. I didn't know if there were any limits on discounted shipping with dry ice or overnight.
There is no limits but depending on your cooler...dry ice is not required if the fish is frozen solid. A standard fish box from Fred Myers full of fish and newspaper (to fill up the excess volume) works just great for overnight delivery.

The box or cooler needs to be at the main FDX hub before 1300L (employee time, regular customers can use 1400L) to make that evenings flight.
Enjoy that fish!
Fish on!
Yeah, it's that time of year again. I think I'll head for the Kenai. I feel a bad case of Samonela, with resulting eye trouble, coming on. Or maybe I'll go to Homer, just for the halibut. (rim shot).
I wonder if dry ice would be considered "Hazardous Material" and assessed the additional $40/shipment fee accordingly? Maybe another reason for doing the frozen fish thing?
Quote:
I wonder if dry ice would be considered "Hazardous Material" and assessed the additional $40/shipment fee accordingly? Maybe another reason for doing the frozen fish thing?
That's what I was wondering
Agent in Anc said an additional 5 bucks for dry ice - per box
If you're shipping it overnight use ice packs. Dry ice will cause freezer burn.
One year I sent my parents some fish from a place in Anchorage that began with an "S". They offered several different specials all shipped FEDEX. I'm glad I sent it that way because it arrived way late & was bad. I called the store & they reshipped another order at no cost to me. You don't get a guarantee with the employee discount. Something to consider......
New Sagaya

New Sagaya market - has some great fish and I was told they give you a discount with your ID.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to