Fed Ex jump seats

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I'm sure it is somewhere in a thread but is seemed easier to ask one of you guys. I know FedEx is a cass member, however I heard that some of your aircraft have seats in the back as well? Are those approved for non cass 121 operators to use? Also if the 121 airline is cass is it relatively easy to call up say 5 or 6 hours before a flight to jump home. My family is from MEM so this is needed info for me thanks.

XtremeF150
All jumpseaters must be CASS does not matter if they ride in the back or ride up front.
thanks for the fast reply. Is it a relatively easy to list for your seats?
FedEx - Photo Cass only
No CASS w/ Electronic Photo Varification - No Jump
Off-line Jumpers: Behind the cockpit door only (Reinforced) will be "reserved" - You'll be on a standby list - if the seats behind the cockpit are full - subject to Capt's Approval. - By the way, if a Capt says NO, sometimes there's a good reason, but if it sounds like it's not - please tell FDX ALPA.
Off-line Jumpers: Wide Body Only (MD-11, MD-10, DC-10, A-300 - NOT 727)
Short notice (5-6 hours) will work - Call Jumpseat Admin for a reservation 1-800-544-9040
Minimum 1 hr notice - no walk ups.
Enjoy
Thanks for the help guys I think that is the fastest I have ever recieved an answer on a forum. what is an offline jumper. furloughed? Thanks again for the help.
Off Line
Non-FedEx = Off line. BTW, I edited my first response...
Anyone know how long it will be before FedEx opens up the international jumpseat for offline CASS crewmembers?
Quote: Anyone know how long it will be before FedEx opens up the international jumpseat for offline CASS crewmembers?
It is not going to happen anytime soon unfortunately. Yet go over and jumpseat on Atlas all over the world. Confused yet?
Where could one find all these cargo companie's schedules and if they allow jumpers or not? I've heard of Atlas but never knew they offered jump seats. The reason I am so worried about this is many times I don't make it in for the last flight out of somewhere and if there is an overnight cargo flight that will get me home sooner, I would love to know about it. Thanks
Quote: Off-line Jumpers: Wide Body Only (MD-11, MD-10, DC-10, A-300 - NOT 727)
Short notice (5-6 hours) will work - Call Jumpseat Admin for a reservation 1-800-544-9040
Minimum 1 hr notice - no walk ups.
Enjoy
Not totally sure but think CASS is OK for 727 for off-line. Anyone know different??
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to