Just a need some advice

Subscribe
Well i have gotten some advice on here before so once again i would like some more advice. I have my cfi/mei and have a chance to go instruct somewhere fulltime, but here is the thing i am in A&P school with a semester left to go. should i quit that and go instruct and finish up my 4 year degree? or should i finish the A&P. Also would the airlines look back on that and see why i didnt complete it? So yeah, basiclly go instruct and get the 4 year? or finish the A&P. All advice would be great!! Thanks!
I have an A&P as do quite a few of my colleagues. I don't think it ever helped me land a job but I'm pretty sure it did not hurt. It takes a long time to get that cert. so I would stick it out. One semester is nothing. Besides, your right, quiting may be difficult to explain.

You can get Flight instructor jobs anywhere, anytime. Finish up the A&P.
Finish
Yea, Finish the A&P then go to college.

SkyHigh
FINISH THE ATP. It will be an asset to you no matter what. If you ever own your own airplane, making side money on days off, and getting lucrative corporate jobs. I missed out on a couple of corporate opportunities...they hired the guy with the A&P.

I had the chance to get mine, I didn't, and I have been living to regret it ever since.
Quote: getting lucrative corporate jobs. I missed out on a couple of corporate opportunities...they hired the guy with the A&P.
Excellent point. I never tried for a corp job but I'm sure the A&P would have helped.
Go for the A&P it might help on a resume shave off a couple of those competitive hours that youll need!
I agree anything that you are that close to achieving you should go for. That cert will eventually come in useful. So what if you cant begin instructing FULL time for another semester. The market for pilots will hopefully be better then anyways, and you can still instruct on the side till that time.

XtremeF150
yeah i think im just gonna finish it up and instruct part time then. i guess 1 semester wont matter, much like xtremef150 said, it might be better then! thanks for the advice again!
Quote: Excellent point. I never tried for a corp job but I'm sure the A&P would have helped.
An A&P is definately an asset in the corporate world. Particularly if the job you are applying for does a lot of traveling away from base. It's always nice if you can do the work to fix a minor issue on the plane and get out of there rather than paying major bucks for contract maintenance.