alaska drug testing

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Does alaska still test for nicotine? I have a buddy who is worried about that since he has smoked in the recent past. I told him not to worry too much but who knows. I imagine they cant discriminate against that...
Quote: Does alaska still test for nicotine? I have a buddy who is worried about that since he has smoked in the recent past. I told him not to worry too much but who knows. I imagine they cant discriminate against that...

Wanna bet? Why do you think they test for it in the first place?
They are serious about hirring non-smokers. They do pre-employment testing.
I know it's legal but I still can't believe that it is. Did anyone hear about that company in Michigan that was going to test their employees family members to make sure they didn't smoke. unreal.

Whats next outlawing twinkies for breakfast...
Quote: Whats next outlawing twinkies for breakfast...
If that's what a company wants to do ... they can.

Remember people, discrimination is legal unless it is based on things like age, gender, race, etc. Heck, military aviation discriminates against people with bad eyesight!
Quote: If that's what a company wants to do ... they can.

Remember people, discrimination is legal unless it is based on things like age, gender, race, etc. Heck, military aviation discriminates against people with bad eyesight!
Age discrimination is legal as long as it's done by the federal gov't.
Airline pilots are federally mandated to be fired for turning 60.
Darn, I shouldn't have had that celebratory cigar when my niece was born. DOH!
It's strictly to save the company money on their insurance policy. After probation, the closet smokers and chewers all come out and the company could care less.
Not only does it have a preference for non-smokers, it doesn't like facial hair either. Unfortunately, it can do whatever it wants. It's a lot like Hooters hiring only women with mammaries of a certain size. I wanted to apply for a job there, but it was obvious I did not have what they wanted. Sigh.
Quote: Not only does it have a preference for non-smokers, it doesn't like facial hair either. Unfortunately, it can do whatever it wants. It's a lot like Hooters hiring only women with mammaries of a certain size. I wanted to apply for a job there, but it was obvious I did not have what they wanted. Sigh.
You applied where? Alaska, or Hooters?
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to