Looking for PPL in Dallas / Fort Worth area

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I am looking to get my PPL license and was wondering if there is anyone in the DFW area that would be willing to instruct me.

Thanks!
Quote: I am looking to get my PPL license and was wondering if there is anyone in the DFW area that would be willing to instruct me.

Thanks!
r u looking for a freelance instructor or flight schools?

well AOPA has a CFI Finder online which you can find lists of CFIs in your area

AOPA Flight Training - Search the Flight Instructor Directory
Freelance I would imagine. I have a fulltime job so this is something I would be doing on the side afterwork and on the weekends so I would need something very flexible. Thank you for the link though I will check it out!
yea, just go over the list and give them a call, If u wre in Florida, U could save some money, am willing to give instruction for free during my free times. just pay for the airplane rental

I know few places in Florida where this school let other freelance instructors rent their airplane.
Why do some instructors do teach for free? I am assuming its any easy way for them to build up their hours at no cost? If that's the case I wish I could find something like that in Dallas Fort Worth.
Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Quote: Just remember, you get what you pay for.
Very true. I did go into American Flyers to inquire about getting my PPL and they gave me a bad vibe. To me it seems like the I would just be another number and $$$ to them. Also they seem to be very expensive. I was quoted $10,500 to get my PPL. That included 25 hours of ground school, 35 hours of flight time with an instructor and 5 hours of solo. Seems expensive but who knows I am a newbie to this stuff.

But like you said... you get what pay for.
If you shop around you should be able to find 4k-8k. However because of your rigidness in having to stay in DFW then you are at the mercy of the areas economics in which case 8-10 sounds reasonable.

Ideally you are looking at airplane rental of 81 to 99 dollars for a C152/C172 and 35-45 dollars for instruction. Anything more is above the 'averages' and thats how people end up paying 10-15k for their PPL

Good luck with your search and I'll be on the lookout if I see anything.

edit: holy lurker had no idea I never posted here.
Good luck finding a 172 in Dallas for under 100. More like 125.
I can do it! I sent you a PM.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to