Search
Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Evergreen

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Slightly tilted right and mostly asleep.
Default Evergreen

Hey, any post on here that have to with Evergreen QOL etc.? I did some searching only found two posts. Any help would be great.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Right Seat switch monkey

not bad if ur on the dreamlifter, 16 on and great pay.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2010
Position: Airbus

Great bunch of pilots here with Evergreen. Most fun I have had since I started flying. Quality of life is good. Example, you get two weeks off each month. You also get an entire month off for vacation. So it is possible to get two months off depending on how you bid around your vacation.

In negotiations for our first ALPA contract. The salary should be a lot better once the contract gets ratified.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Are you guys home based?

Are there reserve lines or does everybody get 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off?

Glad to hear you guys are hiring and are doing well.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2008

How does one go about applying? I've talked with the pilot recruiter and he didn't really seem like he had the time to waste talking with me. I've sent my resume a few times, but nothing. What's the best way to get some attention?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:39 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Has the application window already closed? The only pilot position listed on their website is for a B-214 pilot in Afghanistan.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: MD-11 Captain

Originally Posted by ak2az View Post
How does one go about applying? I've talked with the pilot recruiter and he didn't really seem like he had the time to waste talking with me. I've sent my resume a few times, but nothing. What's the best way to get some attention?
I can't speak for now but years ago, (like about 25) if you showed up looking for work in McMinnville you showed the tenacity that many never bothered with. It worked for me, was only there for a few years but it was by far the funnest job I've ever had.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

If you can find the on-line application, then filling it out would be a good option. I didn't know about the on-line application until I was in ground school. You will have to fill out a paper application during the interview regardless of the on-line application.

The best way to get attention is to Mail, Fax, e-mail a resume multible times. A rec from a current Evergreen pilot opens doors too.

I didn't know anyone and just sent enough resumes and finally got the call. The interview is just a "get to know you" type. If you get an interview; you have a 85% chance of getting hired.

We are hiring, so if you want to come over here, this is a good time. As always, it is better to get on earlier than later.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by CloudSailor View Post
Are you guys home based?

Are there reserve lines or does everybody get 2 weeks on / 2 weeks off?

Glad to hear you guys are hiring and are doing well.
The bases are JFK, CHS, PAE and SUU. PAE is Everette airport North of Seattle and SUU is outside Sacramento California.

We have hard lines and Researve lines. Two weeks on two weeks off is the norm. We do have some hard lines that are one week on and one week off, but those lines go very senior.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: Le Bus

[quote=Green Giant;739998]The bases are JFK, CHS, PAE and SUU. PAE is Everette airport North of Seattle and SUU is outside Sacramento California.

We have hard lines and Researve lines. Two weeks on two weeks off is the norm. We do have some hard lines that are one week on and one week off, but those lines go very senior.[/quote

Does SUU go junior?