Apple netbook???

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote: Is 1gb enough memory, or did you upgrade to 2gb. I also heard it is complicated (like 20 steps ) to do it yourself on the memory upgrade.
I would just be using it for surfing and skype and watching videos, so not sure if I would need the extra memory.
The memory upgrade is easy, just pop the cover off and install the card.
I did the memory upgrade to 4 GB, memory is cheap so why not?
How-To: Install Mac OS X - DellEFI Method

Quote: Did the wireless work when you did that? I've heard that many netbooks wireless cards can't interface with the MAC OS for some reason, but that was a while ago so maybe there's a fix.
The Dell Mini 9 is what I bought and everything worked just fine, I did hear that some other other Dell models (mini 10, etc) had hardware problems after the Mac OS install.

Here is the same link - lots of resource on the entire process. It helps to be a little nerdy to do this, but the instructions are step by step. In fact I was surprised how well the hackentosh community did with documentation.
How-To: Install Mac OS X - DellEFI Method

Quote: That sounds like a pretty good idea. However, if there's ever an update, would my Hackintosh simply lock up? I was thinking about transferring my iTunes onto it and wouldn't want to lose all my music files... Don't know much about Macs except the great reviews I've heard from many pilots I've flown with...
Not sure what problems will occur with the new Mac OS, although the update process has been pretty straight forward in my experience. One thing to consider is that this is still a netbook and will not perform like a macbook. It's bascially a web surfing machine that will play music and movies. Be sure you know the difference between the abilities of a net book and a laptop before you buy to avoid disappointment.
Quote: The Dell Mini 9 is what I bought and everything worked just fine, I did hear that some other other Dell models (mini 10, etc) had hardware problems after the Mac OS install.
Actually, after I wrote that I rememberd that the problem I heard about was wtih the ACER model and it had to do with the specific card in installed on the 8.9" Aspireone at that time.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to