SKYWEST Questions?

Subscribe
just a few?

Upgrade time to EMB120 CA and most junior CA base?

New hires in class? how is a/c assingment determined?

Sounds like a good place to work.....thanks for any info
We are have been awarding a lot of upgrade classes lately. The most recent EMB upgrade was awarded 4 days ago and the most junior guy in the class was hired on 1/31/2005 and he's going to be based in FAT.

That is fairly typical. However, I've seen upgrade time in less than 4 months with previous experience. The current upgrade mins are 2,500 TT and 1,000 of 121 time or equivalent. These mins can be amended based on operation need.

Skywest is ramping up for major hiring.

A/C assignment is based very largely on operational need, then on previous experience. The company says they try to put everyone in the EMB and give CRJ transitions to people already on the seniority list. However this is not always the case.

Hope this helps! Skywest is a great place to work. Hope to see you here soon.
They plan to hire 400 more just by the end of this year. Classrooms at the training center are full at the moment.
Upgrade time in EMB = 1.5 - 2 yrs
Jr. EMB base = FAT
Jr. CRJ base = ORD
thanks for the responses! I am looking forward to the interview and a possible job offer :-)!
that interviews a beatch...check it out on aviationinterviews.com
Most who have been through the interview would probably agree that it is very straightforward.
Quote: Most who have been through the interview would probably agree that it is very straightforward.
i would agree.....the interview was really straight forward...super nice people. convince them you know your stuff and you are cool person to be around and you shouldn't have a problem..