Part 61 vs. Part 141

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Go to Houston..... A 141 school will mean more flight hours and at this point that is the key. The winters in MI don't offer the best WX for instructing either. As for ME time get it whenever you can, but that said no school is going to let you fly a ME aircraft instructing right off the bat (insurance).
I used to teach @ Y47 from May 04' to Oct 05' I got out during a good time. Although the winter I had bi-weekly paychecks of around $300(so $600/mo) because the Wx was typical Midwest crap. I had appx 12 students, about 6-8 fairly active ones as an example. I knew guys at Metetal and Pontiac and they were about the same situation.

So if you are looking to be in a steady financial situation, Houston will probably offer that a slight bit more. If you are from the DTW area and looking to stay local, but sacrifice some financial stability, then stay there. In the end, it's what you want to do. Good luck
Quote: Just remember.....foreign students usually means BOATLOADS of hours. Thanks to my foreign students I racked up hours in no time and moved on....so do not let that be your deciding factor.
Exactly... the foreign students usually have a lump sum of money, so they are focused on getting as much done as possible in a short time. Some can be a little weird.... sometimes you can't tell the difference between an European man and a teenage girl...but overall they are eager to learn to fly.
Quote: What about them concerns you?
ESL students, like you and I(i think....)
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to