Northern Air Cargo 737-200 FO

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: RE: Operating the Pallet Jack, to which my response is "Welcome to Alaska".

My applications is in with a few internal recs... lets see what happens.
What was your previous job?
I thought NAC let some pilots go recently. Maybe I'm wrong, but a Fed did confirm that, last fall I believe. Interesting, maybe another jet is coming on line. By the way, an address in Alaska would also help greatly for those applying. Anybody know what they pay?
a P.O Box in Alaska might help?
Quote: I thought NAC let some pilots go recently. Maybe I'm wrong, but a Fed did confirm that, last fall I believe. Interesting, maybe another jet is coming on line. By the way, an address in Alaska would also help greatly for those applying. Anybody know what they pay?
I have a buddy that is on the 737 @Nac, he didn't mention any pilots being let go. The schedule at NAC isn't really commutable, most pilots are AK residents. I can ask him whats going on lately with NAC.

Edit: Starting pay $65 to $68 an hour, 65 hour Guarantee. 12 days off a month. ANC based obviously. The only cutbacks recently were the PFEs that weren't pilot rated when they parked the 727s and DC-6s.
That's all he knew off the top of his head.
I too thought NAC furllowed a couple 37 FO's after they slid over the senior guys in the two other airframes or did they do a Pen Air and just fire they out right and then turn around and need pilots.
A friend of mine there told me they were only shortlisting the Alaska residents..
Anybody here anything back?
I got an email saying they had my app and were sending it to the "appropriate hiring supervisor for review". Yadah, yadah, yadah......I mailed a hard copy in, and didn't fax. We'll see!
Moving to front. News?
Quote: Moving to front. News?
I figure they got about 2.5 million apps, and half were from locals. It might be sometime before one hears news back. They have to weed through all those apps, and decide which candidates will hang around for a while. I can see this as a job where they don't want to hire someone over qualified that will pull up stakes and head for the lower 48 once (if) the economy recovers. The email reponse they sent me said that if not selected they would keep my app on file for future consideration, so I don't even expect to see the standard rejection letter. My app will just hang in limbo in the frozen tundra somewhere.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to