Delta NR to ORD - thoughts appreciated!

Subscribe
I'm non reving from CVG to ORD tomorrow, Friday Oct. 9 - and I'm trying to take a buddy pass passenger with me. The way timing works out he can't leave until the second to last flight with the last flight as back up.
I am never sure about how many Standby/Removal seats showing will actually be OPEN as opposed to the actual/available.
Anyone have any thoughts about these last two flights and how they look practically speaking for a buddy pass rider?

Thanks so much -
Jeanette

Right now the flights look like this:
8:40 - 5/7 (50) with 8 NRs currently listed, 2 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 14 coach seats remaining.

11:10 - 5/7 (50) with 2 NRs currently listed, 0 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 19 coach seats remaining.

2:20 - 6/6 (50) with 4 NRs currently listed, 0 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 18 coach seats remaining.

THE two we could make time wise:

** 4:35 - 0/0 (12) and 2/5 (64) with 5 NRs currently listed (he's 5th), 1 HK, 3 pax seeking upgrade & Standby/Removal list showing 0 in front and 14 coach seats remaining.

** 8:20 - 1/4 (50) with 1 NR currently listed, 0 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 18 coach seats remaining.
I would beg them to take the 220. The problem is that people miss their connections all of the time and they then become HK's on the next flight.

I would also look at MDW, and MKE as backups. You could even do SBN and take the train to the city. Tomorrow looks to be an IROPS day in CVG so plan accordingly.
Thanks very much for your suggestions. MDW is codeshare and I can't see the availability (and I don't think buddy pass can fly codeshare but I'm not sure); MKE is tight but the last flight out has 1 seat with more listed on the Standby/Removal list; SBN is tight but again better with Standby/Removal list.
On the last two flights do you think the Standby/Removal list is more likely people without seat assignments or more likely avail. seats? We can also just skip the airport and drive but parking is ridiculous in the city and the buddy pass would be wasted. I'm on the fence.
Also, the reason for not going to the earlier flights is a work conflict.
Quote: I'm non reving from CVG to ORD tomorrow, Friday Oct. 9 - and I'm trying to take a buddy pass passenger with me. The way timing works out he can't leave until the second to last flight with the last flight as back up.
I am never sure about how many Standby/Removal seats showing will actually be OPEN as opposed to the actual/available.
Anyone have any thoughts about these last two flights and how they look practically speaking for a buddy pass rider?

Thanks so much -
Jeanette

Right now the flights look like this:
8:40 - 5/7 (50) with 8 NRs currently listed, 2 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 14 coach seats remaining.

11:10 - 5/7 (50) with 2 NRs currently listed, 0 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 19 coach seats remaining.

2:20 - 6/6 (50) with 4 NRs currently listed, 0 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 18 coach seats remaining.

THE two we could make time wise:

** 4:35 - 0/0 (12) and 2/5 (64) with 5 NRs currently listed (he's 5th), 1 HK, 3 pax seeking upgrade & Standby/Removal list showing 0 in front and 14 coach seats remaining.

** 8:20 - 1/4 (50) with 1 NR currently listed, 0 HKs & Standby/Removal list showing 18 coach seats remaining.
We call buddy passes enemy passes. Good luck. They're not worth the hassle.
Yeah, I know they aren't perfect. But when the flights work they're flexible and inexpensive! Anyone have any thoughts about whether these Standby/Removal numbers are possibly actual seats?? Thanks again to all.
Quote: Yeah, I know they aren't perfect. But when the flights work they're flexible and inexpensive! Anyone have any thoughts about whether these Standby/Removal numbers are possibly actual seats?? Thanks again to all.
Seats on airport standby/removal list are total unclaimed seats available. But be careful, because there are paying pax that have reservations but have not yet been assigned a seat. That number will start to dwindle when those passengers begin to check in.
Also some of the online ticket brokers have reserved seats and not bought them. That is why you will sometimes see none avail, but a ton on the removal list. H46's comments are also true.