Pilot training - 16 year old needs help

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey,
I have flown 3 times before in a Samba XXL in a small private airfield and this thursday I am going out to my local regional airport flying a Piper Warrior PA28..

Is there tips on landing or anything else i could learn , etc

Thanks,
deanow2009
When landing don't look at the spot on the runway directly in front of the nose...you will over-correct in the flare with possibly exciting consequences. Pick a spot a ways down the runway to look at, and use your peripheral vision to judge the height in the flare.
Thanks rickair7777 ,
I will keep that in mind ( hopefully )

Anything else like radio / turns / etc ?
Follow your instructor's directions of course.

I always teach new students to "pitch for airspeed, power for glidepath"- if the airplane gets slow on final, then pitch the nose down or visa-versa; if you are too low to the proper glidepath then you can remedy it by adding power a little bit which will raise the nose a little as well. If you are too fast for the airplane to settle and land at first, don't try and force it down, just glide along with the power out until it slows down, then it will settle. Try and maintain directional control on the runway using your rudders and brakes of course, but do not forget that almost as much directional control after a roundout comes from proper aileron position. Just remember, "aileron into the wind". Have fun.
try reading a little before you go out there. The FAA website has publications you should def start reading if you want to start flight training. One is called the airplane flying handbook:
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...83-3a-1of7.pdf

Also do this:

Quote: When landing don't look at the spot on the runway directly in front of the nose...you will over-correct in the flare with possibly exciting consequences. Pick a spot a ways down the runway to look at, and use your peripheral vision to judge the height in the flare.
I call it looking where you're going! kinda like walking... don't look at your feet! look down the sidewalk!!! Same thing in the airplane!! LOOK DOWN THE RUNWAY!!! and as far as turning and stuff once you get in the air it's very much like Flight sim!!
Thanks for the help?

Much appreciated

--
Deanow2009
Had the flight today..
Went real good and landing was excellent...

Quote: Had the flight today..
Went real good and landing was excellent...

Hey! Me too - but the landing was not excellent.
Overshot the first time and then high and fast the second time
Luckily I was in back

Congrats on the flight.
I hope it lite the flying fires and they keep burning.
Enjoy yourself.

USMCFLYR
Thanks..

I flew a Tecnam P2002-JF instead , because it was cheaper..
I flew at my local regional airport EIWF
Quote: try reading a little before you go out there. The FAA website has publications you should def start reading if you want to start flight training. One is called the airplane flying handbook:
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/a...83-3a-1of7.pdf

Also do this:

I call it looking where you're going! kinda like walking... don't look at your feet! look down the sidewalk!!! Same thing in the airplane!! LOOK DOWN THE RUNWAY!!! and as far as turning and stuff once you get in the air it's very much like Flight sim!!
very much like flight sim.. that's cute.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to