What to wear to ANG unit?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
best I saw was a resume laminated to a bottle of Jack
beer etiquette: do you just walk about with a case under your arm or what?
Quote: beer etiquette: do you just walk about with a case under your arm or what?
No. Don't be a tool about it. Walk in, set it on the bar, in the fridge whatever. Hopefully someone will notice.
Thanks everyone for your replies. Admittedly, I am starting to get nervous.

Quote: make sure to do your research before you show up, don't show up asking full retard questions that can easily be found or just aren't important. There was a guy that asked what kind of APU a herk has? Now a question like what their ops. tempo or deployment rotation/ duration would be good to find out.
Also, be yourself, but be respectful to rank, etc.
Yep, already started writing down good questions. I'll add yours to the list, thank you! Also have questions about what they look for in a candidate, expectations of their members, etc. Any other good ones?

Quote: If you are a hot chick, then wear something revealing.
Wish I could use this one, but wrong gender.
Quote: No. Don't be a tool about it. Walk in, set it on the bar, in the fridge whatever. Hopefully someone will notice.
Fair enough. Thanks for the insight
So how'd things go?
[QUOTE=BoilerUP;694253]A recap from an exchange I had with two O-3s when I interviewed for an ANG C130 nav slot:

They took me to the ops room, where there were a dozen folks and two massive trays of pulled pork BBQ. I was told to grab a plate and a sandwich or three and stay there until the Ops Group commander started asking where the college boy in the suit was

Three days later, I got a call telling me they wanted to hire me...as a pilot.

Too bad I got washed out at MFS...[/QUOTE]

Whats MFS?
Quote: Whats MFS?
Medical Flight Screening, at Brooks City-Base in San Antonio.

Normally a cakewalk for those who have already passed a Class I Flight Physical like I had...but unfortunately I got to be one of the "lucky 1%" disqualified there.
Wow, must have been heartbreaking. Any chance of another look?
Nope...permanent disqualification from any Rated position.

The worst part is that I was busted for ocular hypertension ("puff of air" test) but its not because my pressures are high, its because I have thick corneas and that makes the pressure read artificially high. Civilian ophthalmology has a conversion chart for thick corneas that would have put me smack in the normal range...but with USAF medicine being as progressive & accepting of medical advances as they are, they don't use that chart.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to