Western New York Jobs

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone is from the Western New York area and knew of any opportunites that may be available for a low time Commercial ME/SE pilot. I have 250 hours 50ME and am a graduate of Western Michigan Universities Aviation Science and Administration program.

I am extremelly intrested in any opportuity to excersice my skills as a commercial pilot and would appreciate hearing about any leads that you may know of.

Thanks for the help.
Good luck man. Wrong time to be below 1500TT.

Have you checked out any banner towing operations? Skydiving ops? Flight Instruction gigs?

They are not glamorous by any means but they keep you flying and you get to make a few quarters here and there.
THIS IS NOT HIRING NEWS the mods need to stop these threads, if we knew of a job in that area itd be posted here, and you can also use the damn search feature, but this forum is not for requests

Quote: Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone is from the Western New York area and knew of any opportunites that may be available for a low time Commercial ME/SE pilot. I have 250 hours 50ME and am a graduate of Western Michigan Universities Aviation Science and Administration program.

I am extremelly intrested in any opportuity to excersice my skills as a commercial pilot and would appreciate hearing about any leads that you may know of.

Thanks for the help.
Quote: THIS IS NOT HIRING NEWS the mods need to stop these threads, if we knew of a job in that area itd be posted here, and you can also use the damn search feature, but this forum is not for requests
Not to mention the horrible spelling.
Quote: Not to mention the horrible spelling.

Maybe you should try posting from a cell phone onto the forum like I do, from a job that you work 65 hours a week at so you can pay off student loans and eat. Maybe you would be less concerned about my spelling and where I post.
Quote: Maybe you should try posting from a cell phone onto the forum like I do, from a job that you work 65 hours a week at so you can pay off student loans and eat. Maybe you would be less concerned about my spelling and where I post.
Ah dont worry about it kid. In this industry there's always going to be ball busters. Anyway, the best bet would be to go into the FBO's you're interested in and introduce yourself and hand in a resume. The e-mailing or mailing of resume's just dont cut it anymore, especially now that you'll be applying for the same job as furloughed guys with 1000+ hours.
Just keep your head up and keep trying!

Cheers!
Quote: Maybe you should try posting from a cell phone onto the forum like I do, from a job that you work 65 hours a week at so you can pay off student loans and eat. Maybe you would be less concerned about my spelling and where I post.
.... we've all been there dude, ... and I right alongside side of you.. literally.. (WMU) .. keep your head up, and try not to bite off ANYONE's head in these forums; the people on here are a great networking opportunity. Get in here and show them you have a great personality, and try not to complain! Maybe someone could help you get a gig.

Mustangcbra; PM me when you get a second..
Mustang,

I am from the WNY area and currently working up here. Right now seems like the only jobs to be had are flight instructing. There's a company or two with corporate flight departments and they occasionally hire, but those usually go to people working around here with the in, as with most corporate jobs. I would recommend heading out to Lancaster (KBQR). There's a pretty busy school there and they might be looking for instructors, at least one since I recently left and he hasn't hired anyone to replace me. Other than that you could try heading down to Dunkirk (KDKK), they might need some help. WNY is surprisingly a great spot for aviation, and the airports are all very friendly. Just show up and introduce yourself, you never know what you might find.

Best of luck, and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Quote: Mustang,

I am from the WNY area and currently working up here. Right now seems like the only jobs to be had are flight instructing. There's a company or two with corporate flight departments and they occasionally hire, but those usually go to people working around here with the in, as with most corporate jobs. I would recommend heading out to Lancaster (KBQR). There's a pretty busy school there and they might be looking for instructors, at least one since I recently left and he hasn't hired anyone to replace me. Other than that you could try heading down to Dunkirk (KDKK), they might need some help. WNY is surprisingly a great spot for aviation, and the airports are all very friendly. Just show up and introduce yourself, you never know what you might find.

Best of luck, and let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
Thanks for the advice. Im planning on visiting some fbos in the next few weeks. Im flying out of akron right now. Great people out there.
Quote: Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone is from the Western New York area and knew of any opportunites that may be available for a low time Commercial ME/SE pilot. I have 250 hours 50ME and am a graduate of Western Michigan Universities Aviation Science and Administration program.

Thanks for the help.

Bud best thing I can tell you is go for CFI's even though there are lack of instructing jobs it'll open more opportunities in the future. Hang in there ride the storm out for awhile and stay positive ignore the negativity. Like the one requesting the Mods to close the thread.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to