Good site in my opinion about 'how to become an airline pilot'

Subscribe
http://travel.howstuffworks.com/pilot.htm
Yeah, the guy who wrote it's a UPS Airbus Capt. I don't think Joel posts here but he's active on the IPA bar and grill.
That was a great no holes barred article.
I wouldn't say no holes. In the section talking about the licenses and ratings needed to get in the seat of an airliner cockpit he mentioned commercial,instrument,multi-engine,and atp but completely bypassed the most basic fundamental license you need in order to get the rest of your licenses and ratings, your PRIVATE!!!!
I remember reading that article a long long time ago. Very good read
Quote: I wouldn't say no holes. In the section talking about the licenses and ratings needed to get in the seat of an airliner cockpit he mentioned commercial,instrument,multi-engine,and atp but completely bypassed the most basic fundamental license you need in order to get the rest of your licenses and ratings, your PRIVATE!!!!
What's wrong with this statement:

"To be a pilot for hire, you need a commercial pilot certificate."

I don't see anything wrong. I think you just misunderstood. You don't need a private to fly commercially, you need a commercial license. You also need the multi/instrument ratings to fly for an airline (at least one that operates multi's! ).
After reading this article I changed my mind. I am going to my plan of being a billionaire.