Jumpseating on Cape Air

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Try the main reservations number at 800-352-0714. That's who I've called before to check loads. You can list through them too. They've always told me the loads, but I let them know I'm a company pilot. I think they'd have no problem giving that info to an offline jumpseater though.

You could list through them, but most people just show up at the gate. I'm not sure what the official policy is, but everyone's so laid back around here that they won't care either way.
Again, I appreciate it. You guys pretty happy over there? Cape was on the top of my list years ago when I was looking for work. I had talked with your CP over the phone and he spend almost an hour shooting the breeze with me about the industry. What a great guy!
Quote: Again, I appreciate it. You guys pretty happy over there? Cape was on the top of my list years ago when I was looking for work. I had talked with your CP over the phone and he spend almost an hour shooting the breeze with me about the industry. What a great guy!
I dig it. It's not for everyone, but I've really enjoyed my time here so far. Once you get over passengers constantly making comments about the airplane, it's fun flying that challenges you to think on your feet.

I am hoping to get back into something turbine soon, though. 135 PIC time is solid flight time, but it's not going to get any of us into Southwest anytime soon. In the mean time it's still a great gig.
I have not had much luck...but that was years ago....a boston agent insisted i had to be in full uniform to jumpseat-heck their pilots don't even wear a hat or tie in the summer!! then trying to get out of nantucket was a nightmare...flights were usually full...and the one that had only one passenger..was canceled due to poor loads... i ended up catching the ferry boat....fog can move into ack without notice....the 402 needs at least 1/2m???
Quote: I have not had much luck...but that was years ago....a boston agent insisted i had to be in full uniform to jumpseat-heck their pilots don't even wear a hat or tie in the summer!! then trying to get out of nantucket was a nightmare...flights were usually full...and the one that had only one passenger..was canceled due to poor loads... i ended up catching the ferry boat....fog can move into ack without notice....the 402 needs at least 1/2m???
Sounds like an individual agent was having a bad day. I haven't seen anyone else get that kind of run-around when it comes to uniforms.

And yes, 1800 RVR is the lowest we can legally depart.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to