Alaska Air Loses TSA Fees Appeal

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
From Bloomberg News:

Alaska Air Group, the Seattle-based parent company of Alaska Airlines, lost an appeal of a Transportation Security Administration finding that the carrier owes more than $1 million in security fees.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington ruled Friday that Alaska Air failed to prove TSA acted arbitrarily in determining the amount. Fees of $2.50 per bag were imposed on all carriers following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks to help pay for enhanced screening.

TSA found that the airline failed to collect the fee on some flights, or failed to remit the money collected. Attorneys for Seattle-based Alaska Air argued that the TSA erred by including flights on dates not covered in its audit period, and by not counting almost $739,000 in passenger fees the carrier says it paid but didn't collect from passengers.
Alaska Airlines, stepping over dollars to pick up pennies since 1932.
$1.2 Billion in the bank and they can't pay their bills???
If you have 1.2 Billion in the bank you can afford to not pay your bills...
I heard Ayer has money, but $1.2 Billion is a lot of money. Are they just sitting on this pile of dough? Why furlough anybody? I guess that's why I'm a legal aid lawyer and not an airline bean counter. The only beans I count these days are my coffee beans.
Just saving for a rainy day and in SEA, EVERY day is a rainy day.
Quote: Are they just sitting on this pile of dough? Why furlough anybody?
Why? Because the ***** pilots at Alaska will work overtime and stab each other in the back.
Quote: Why? Because the ***** pilots at Alaska will work overtime and stab each other in the back.
He said it....but I was thinking it!
Poor Alaska
They are crying over the loss of revenue from UAUA. Now....all UAUA pax that used to be put on them are going to CAL Go CAL! Kick some butt and buy up the scraps or merge so I don't have to commute another 15 years
9 posts and he's already a flamer.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to