FedEx to furlough when they lose postal contract in 2007?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to
I don't get a kick out of others losing their job. Even if it's a job not worth having.
Quote: I'm not browntail. Go find someone else to slam.
You talk the same line of BS.
I thought the media announced SWA and UAL decided not to carry the USPS mail - hence, that's why UPS is picking up their slack..........

Furloughs?? nope
United lost the contract because of being late too many times.
Quote: Quote: Browntail is flamebait and has been banned at other forums under the following names:

TheGuat, Rhoid, GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, E170GuppyKiller, FreightNazi, ABXpert, OUT, 410Dude, IHaveAPension, TheMissingLink, LucyFurr, RJDC, UPSer and numerous others.
Forgot to add Cynical to the list.

TheGuat, Rhoid, GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, E170GuppyKiller, FreightNazi, ABXpert, OUT, 410Dude, IHaveAPension, TheMissingLink, LucyFurr, RJDC, UPSer, Cynical and numerous others.

There, that's more like it.
Quote: Now if FedEx could only copy UPS in corporate profits! FedEx $1billion, UPS $4billion.
Without their trucks theirairline would fold....and with 1/2 the planes and pilots FDX has they can't handle the mail....that is why they were given saturdays only...nice uniform color though!
They aren't my trucks or my planes, as I'm just an outside observer. Now, if you would address the corporate profit disparity. You make FedEx sound so superior to UPS. Why do they make four time the profit that you do? Could it be that YOU have too many planes and not enough trucks?
UPS is a trucking company with aircraft.
Fedex is an airline with trucks.
Different animals.
Quote: They aren't my trucks or my planes, as I'm just an outside observer. Now, if you would address the corporate profit disparity. You make FedEx sound so superior to UPS. Why do they make four time the profit that you do? Could it be that YOU have too many planes and not enough trucks?
Nope. The problem is that we don't have enough airplanes and way too few trucks. But our bubbas in MEM have figured that out and are now doing their best to dig into UPS's knickers. They're sinking hundreds of millions into the trucking side of the business. Looking at the overall revenue numbers I'd guess that they're on the right track.
Quote: They aren't my trucks or my planes, as I'm just an outside observer. Now, if you would address the corporate profit disparity. You make FedEx sound so superior to UPS. Why do they make four time the profit that you do? Could it be that YOU have too many planes and not enough trucks?
ok...go fly your cessna...you students are looking r u....
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 
Page 5 of 8
Go to