New MEM Hub Construction?

Subscribe
4.a.2.b reinvestment?

FedEx wants building permit for Memphis hub but staying mum on details of plans
By Associated Press
12:27 PM CST, January 3, 2010
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — FedEx Corp. is seeking a building permit for its Memphis hub, but company officials say no construction is imminent so they aren't releasing details.

The $28 million permit application has been filed with the city-county Office of Construction Code Enforcement. The permit reviewed by The Memphis Daily News is for a new two-story sort facility adjacent to the existing hub on the north side of Memphis International Airport.

FedEx spokesman Jim McCluskey said the project is "many months down the road" and he couldn't provide details because no contracts have been issued. He said details on the permit are likely to change as plans firm up.

The current hub is the oldest and largest in FedEx's network, handling about 1.5 million packages a day.

___

Information from: The Memphis Daily News, Memphis Daily News - Business, Government, Politics, News, Public Records, Public Notices, Crime Report, Neighborhood Report, Marketing Lists, Research
Well ... does this make 4.a.2.b a charitable donation? Will the IRS permit it as a deduction to my favorite 501C3? Hope so, it would lessen some of the sting ...
wonder where?
Is the guard totally out of their old area and relocated to the SE side? Could open up some sort real estate... or is the training building finally going bye-bye?

I'm sure it will only shorten our bus rides out to the ramp!

Goose17
It's gotta be at the old ANG facility. That's alot of real estate that's just letting weeds grow up between the concrete.
Quote: Is the guard totally out of their old area and relocated to the SE side? Could open up some sort real estate... or is the training building finally going bye-bye?

I'm sure it will only shorten our bus rides out to the ramp!

Goose17
Guard has been out of their old facility for almost a full year.