Flight Instructor

Subscribe
Are there any flight schools looking for instructors right now? I am interested in finding a place where I can pick up my MEI and masters in an aviation related field. Is anyone forcasting hiring to pick up any time soon or should I stay with my DoD job?
Stay with your DoD job.
I figured I would get that advice. I think you're right but in the coming years the money won't be an issue. I am just a newbie with little experience in maintenance but they are still paying me 20-30k more than I can make flying. Kind of sad isn't it? In the coming years the money won't matter and then it will be time to get some recurrent training and get back into the cockpit seats.
I'd look to see if there is any local instructing you can do right now while you're working for the DoD. Maybe a base flying club? But yeah...keep the DoD job.
Brian434 - check into Northwestern Michigan College. They were looking for some folks that have CFI/CFII. Oppoprtunities to get your MEI. PM me for more details. Good Luck!
Sounds like they filled that position with a couple of folks. I actually got my instrument and commercial from NMC. Thanks for the information though!
434 - you still based out of Grissom?
Quote: 434 - you still based out of Grissom?
I'm working with the 403rd now but will be making another transition in the coming months. Are you with one of the units?