I want to fly!

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to
Quote:
i understand since i have a 4 year degree i would enter the military as an officer...
Not exactly, you enter as an E-5 and go to Officer Training School (OTS). After those 3 months then you become an officer. Its all about timing. Back in the early 90s many like you decided they wanted to fly after college and the AF took none of them. These days are not so good either, many cockpits are disappearing and, if you go Active Duty, you may get the dreaded UAV. You have to start UPT by the time you're 30, of course the sooner the better.
If all you want to do is fly that will be fine. In fact the AF will give you a letter saying if you don't complete UPT you will be severed.
Quote:
You do a couple of years on active duty for flight training, then return to your unit as a traditional (part-time) reservist. You can have a civilian job, and most do.
Guard and Reserve only, just in case you misunderstood that. Being a part-time Lt is not the best thing for a pilot. You won't progress with your peers and will lag behind in upgrades etc, etc.
Quote: Check out baseops.net, plenty of good gouge there on how to start applying.
For USN, USMC and USCG flying gouge try http://www.airwarriors.com.

Search and read before asking questions...the info is there.
1  2 
Page 2 of 2
Go to