fdx vacation buffer

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
I am on RB today and tomorow (30,31) with vacation starting on the 1st (new bid month).

Does the vacation buffer apply in this case? Pretty high on the list and waitin' on the phone to ring but as yet it hasn't. On the other hand, no trips have been assigned to RB today(72 FO).

I don't know if it's because of vacation buffer or no trips? Any thoughts?

Regardless it's a nice tv day in hooterville.
Quote: I am on RB today and tomorow (30,31) with vacation starting on the 1st (new bid month).

Does the vacation buffer apply in this case? Pretty high on the list and waitin' on the phone to ring but as yet it hasn't. On the other hand, no trips have been assigned to RB today(72 FO).

I don't know if it's because of vacation buffer or no trips? Any thoughts?

Regardless it's a nice tv day in hooterville.

7.G.3a

3. Reserve Line Holder
a. A pilot shall receive a 48 hour duty free vacation buffer at
each end of his vacation period provided that the buffer
occurs in a bid period in which he is awarded a reserve line.
A vacation buffer shall not extend outside the bid period(s)
in which the vacation occurred. A vacation buffer shall not
create a con
fl ict with a trip that began in the previous bid

period.

Funny what you can find in the crazy book called "Our Contract"!!!!!!
thanks

i'm smart smart enuff to READ the contract and i did, i'm just not smart enuf to understand evry word of it so i asked for some clarification

so am I or am i not on the hook? my calendar shows the r-days but i don't know if i'm responsible for them
My guess is all the 727s are stuck in the field.
Quote: My guess is all the 727s are stuck in the field.
Which makes absolutely no difference.

JJ
after re-reading, it looks like the buffer can't be in a different bid-month than the vacation so i guess i'm on the hook
Quote: after re-reading, it looks like the buffer can't be in a different bid-month than the vacation so i guess i'm on the hook
If it's on your calendar, you're on the hook.

(applying my Caveman mentality)
Quote: If it's on your calendar, you're on the hook.

(applying my Caveman mentality)
Agree with you. If it was part of a buffer, it would have already been taken care of.
Your buffer will not back into the prior month. Good luck!!!!!
Quote: Which makes absolutely no difference.

JJ
Well, you see I was replying to his comment that he "was on RB (727 FO)". All of the 727s stuck in the field does make a difference if you are sitting reserve in MEM. But opinions are like smelly bodily orifices; we each have em.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to