Logging ground training vs. endorsement

Subscribe
I am working on my CFI, and have done all my training part 61 with GLEIM and CPC for my ground training. As such, I am looking through CFI glasses know at the regs and how they pertain to using home study courses.

61.187(a) states
"must receive and log flight and ground training.....on the areas of operation...."

Does the endorsement out of 61-65 qualify the above requirment? The endorsement is this one "I certify....has received the required training of 61.187(b). I have determined he/she is prepared for the CFI...practical test."

I am looking at my logbook and I certainly don't have much "ground training" logged?

The reason I use the CFI certificate as an example is that the rec,priv,and commercial certificates have a clause about "or reviewed home study course" where the CFI does not.

Thanks
Also, compare my previous example question to the aeronautical knowlege requirments in 61.185(a). There, it also states you must receive and log ground and flight training on the FOI.

61.183(d) states I need an endorsment for the FOI listed in 61.185(a) and then 61.185 (a) states I need to log ground and flight training. Then throw in the endorsmenet stating "i've received the required FOI training of section 61.185(a)"

Im confused....does the endorsement required by 61.183(b) satisfy the "logging ground training" requirment of 61.185(a) or not??

Or are we talking about two seperate things....the logging of some ground training on FOI as well as an endorsement on the FOI

Sorry I didnt make this as clear as someone could
Yes, you need to log the required ground.

I used to log ground training, but only enough to meet the requirement not every single session. I usually just used the final checkride prep review session since that should cover everything. I would log date, a reasonable number of hours, and copy the required subjects VERBATIM out of the FARs.

Don't log it in your flight log section, do it in the back of the logbook on a note page or something. I actually had all the verbage on my computer and would print it out as needed on sticky-back paper and past ino the students logbook.
As I prepare for my CFI stuff and scour the regs, I agree with you in that the ground training should be logged. I find it curious that I have no logged ground training in my logbook for my private and commercial.

Have you ever heard of CFI's incorrectly assuming the endorsement stating (and im paraphrasing) "I have given so and so the instruction required by 61.127 and found him proficient to pass the practical test," would suffice for ground training logged?

Obviously the DPE that gave me my private/comm rides didnt turn his nose up?

Curious if this is source of confusion to some CFI's?
Quote: As I prepare for my CFI stuff and scour the regs, I agree with you in that the ground training should be logged. I find it curious that I have no logged ground training in my logbook for my private and commercial.

Have you ever heard of CFI's incorrectly assuming the endorsement stating (and im paraphrasing) "I have given so and so the instruction required by 61.127 and found him proficient to pass the practical test," would suffice for ground training logged?

Obviously the DPE that gave me my private/comm rides didnt turn his nose up?

Curious if this is source of confusion to some CFI's?
I suspect that you could make a case that such an endorsement constitutes logging the training. Also, if you can pass the oral, odds are pretty good that you did some ground training so I don't think it's a huge deal not to have it logged for most DPEs. But I always logged it, cuz the regs say so and you never know when you will run into some crazy fed...easier not to have to fight the battle.