Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Evergreen

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:11 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Default Evergreen

What do extended days, 17th & 18th, pay?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A320 Captain

4 hours or what you fly, whichever is greater.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Right Seat switch monkey

thats 180 bucks a day OT for me, after taxes of course! to good for to long!
viva la Verde
Old 02-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2009

Thanks guys
Old 02-21-2010, 06:19 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by pilotgolfer View Post
4 hours or what you fly, whichever is greater.

How's the QOL? Do they keep you out longer than the 2 weeks very often? Time to upgrade? Is it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off as a norm? In general, I think you're new with the company, is it what you thought it was like? Any surprises? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: A320 Captain

Originally Posted by CALTanker View Post
How's the QOL? Do they keep you out longer than the 2 weeks very often? Time to upgrade? Is it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off as a norm? In general, I think you're new with the company, is it what you thought it was like? Any surprises? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Actually, I haven't started yet. I just happened to be reading through the contract to see what I was getting myself into! Ask me again in 6 months and maybe I'll have a better feel for it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Right Seat switch monkey

if qual of life is real important to u then an international ACMI is probably not for U. if u like adventure in far away places maybe worth a go.

Evergreen has been a stop gap job for hundreds. i personally like the flying and the crews are all pretty good guys.

time to upgrade is tough to tell.quickest i remember is 14-15 months but he has been down graded for a few years now. we are not growing. basically stay at 10 to 14 a/c for the last 15years. i can only guess we will get some 400's park some classics. the wars in iraq and afgan will determine our shrinkage. the owner is old and has no kids to take over. ? ??? ther are alot of IF's. if like adventure with low pay evergreen is the place for you.

Don't come here with delusions that it is anything more, that way u wont be disapointed. ive never missed a paycheck and i have personelly never been furloughed(lucky) and the airline has never been in bankruptcy. Also on the plus side we are getting 400's and we have the dreamlifter w/Boeing.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: B-737

Originally Posted by jrutt View Post
if qual of life is real important to u then an international ACMI is probably not for U. if u like adventure in far away places maybe worth a go.

Evergreen has been a stop gap job for hundreds. i personally like the flying and the crews are all pretty good guys.

time to upgrade is tough to tell.quickest i remember is 14-15 months but he has been down graded for a few years now. we are not growing. basically stay at 10 to 14 a/c for the last 15years. i can only guess we will get some 400's park some classics. the wars in iraq and afgan will determine our shrinkage. the owner is old and has no kids to take over. ? ??? ther are alot of IF's. if like adventure with low pay evergreen is the place for you.

Don't come here with delusions that it is anything more, that way u wont be disapointed. ive never missed a paycheck and i have personelly never been furloughed(lucky) and the airline has never been in bankruptcy. Also on the plus side we are getting 400's and we have the dreamlifter w/Boeing.
Thanks! What is YOUR typical (I realize there may be nothing typical), but a typical schedule like? I've heard anything from 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off with occasionally as long as 18 out. How often are you out longer than 2 weeks? Do you stay in crash pads for reserve or do you have many reserves? I've got a buddy furloughed from World, but is too lazy (or something), to get on here. Another buddy is at Atlas and seems their schedule is all over the place. Thanks for your input.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Is Evergreen actually hiring? Aside from some position in Afghanistan and a Chistmans Tree Rep. (which I am qualified ), I must be missing it on their website.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: erb

jumpseater...that is the best avatar on apc! do you remember the line..."we have noticed you've been missing alot of work lately"? cheers...