importing times into electronic logbook

Subscribe
hi everyone, just a quick question for those who use an electronic logbook:

i have been keeping an excel spreadsheet as a logbook for about 2 years now in addition to my paper logbooks (which i have not updated for a while). i am interested in switching over to an electronic logbook and was wondering if any of them have a feature where you can import your times from a spreadsheet (like the one i use)? i want to try to eliminate having to manually enter a bunch of time and possibly every flight i have in the spreadsheet but fear this is probably inevitable.

any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks!
LogBook Pro says it will import any .tab or .csv delimited data. They let you download a free demo that will take 50 entries.
My advice is to not buy any electronic logbook program and just stick with Excel. I have not seen any electronic logbook do anything that Excel can't.
Quote: My advice is to not buy any electronic logbook program and just stick with Excel. I have not seen any electronic logbook do anything that Excel can't.
thanks, i tried the free trials of logten and logbook pro and the import of my spreadsheet in .csv format was a disaster. just wanted to see what my options were.

i plan on getting the paper one's updated and those will do just fine.

that is if anyone starts hiring again
For pilot's logbook. Google it. It's free, but asks for a donation. It will import from excel, and does lots of cool stuff.
Quote: thanks, i tried the free trials of logten and logbook pro and the import of my spreadsheet in .csv format was a disaster. just wanted to see what my options were.

i plan on getting the paper one's updated and those will do just fine.

that is if anyone starts hiring again
There's no reason you can't print out the excel spreadsheet to bring to an interview the same way you can print out a logbook pro printout. The FAR requirements for logging time never specify what format or what program you have to use.