"O" Hub Turn Meeting Insights - 16Mar10

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to
Quote: I got there a little late, and obviously this was the first thing he talked about, but this is the jest that I got. Airline schedules hasn't given flight ops the numbers yet for next fiscal year. So he doesn't know exactly what will be the best solution for the upcoming bid. However, we are overmanned in the 727 and Airbus, manned about right in the -11 and short in the 777 and 757. Expect a reduction in the 72 and Airbus. Whether it is a true excess bid or just not filling secondaries in those seats he wasn't sure.
Quote:
Oh, FWIW I thought Overnitefr8's post helped clarify what "O" meant by secondaries wrt excess bids. Good info.
It would be nice if the System friggin' Chief Pilot 1) had, at least, a slight clue about what's going on around here, and 2) had the ability to CLEARLY communicate what he doesn't have a clue about to the pilot force in the form of written communication.

I'm just sayin'.....it would be nice

that way, we wouldn't have to get one here and try to collectively figure it out - even after he has made another public appearance to "clear up" what he meant in his latest "O" (for the love of God....here we go again) - Gram

wouldn't that be nice?
Quote: It would be nice if the System friggin' Chief Pilot 1) had, at least, a slight clue about what's going on around here, and 2) had the ability to CLEARLY communicate what he doesn't have a clue about to the pilot force in the form of written communication.

I'm just sayin'.....it would be nice

that way, we wouldn't have to get one here and try to collectively figure it out - even after he has made another public appearance to "clear up" what he meant in his latest "O" (for the love of God....here we go again) - Gram

wouldn't that be nice?
Come on AFW, quit being so wishy washy and tell us what you really think.
Quote: Skim, since it's a FDA, I believe it's 45 days,...could be smokin' dope on this one though.
Cheers,
fbh
FBH,
Thanks. I have asked around and get a bunch of I don't knows. I mean it is a new domicile for the MD. And I think the LOA covers Buses and not MD's, so there also lies another question/opportunity ALPA could capitalize on.

Just got in this morning. Nice day here so far.

Skim
Quote: FBH,
Thanks. I have asked around and get a bunch of I don't knows. I mean it is a new domicile for the MD. And I think the LOA covers Buses and not MD's, so there also lies another question/opportunity ALPA could capitalize on.

Just got in this morning. Nice day here so far.

Skim
The CBA 24.B.1.c.

c. Each posting shall be published and remain available for
bidding for the following minimum time periods:
i. 14 days for permanent vacancies or excesses at an
existing non-FDA domicile;
ii. 28 days for permanent vacancies or excesses at an
FDA base;
iii. 45 days for the initial posting of permanent vacancies
establishing a new domicile (including FDA domicile);
iv. 10 days for temporary vacancies.

The MD in HKG would fall under iii - initial posting establishing new domicile = 45 days

The LOA covers HKG and CDG - and is generic to ANY aircraft type based in those locations - so I wouldn't look for any enhancements offered in order for the company to open an MD11 Domicile in HKG.

The only way they're going to be required to re-negotiate the LOA is if they bail on CDG in Europe and use Zurich, Koln, or Prague? - or something OTHER than CDG.
Quote: Prime example of why some refer to this site as <the same> "Twelve Angry Men"......
"....The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children...."
Samuel L. Jackson...Pulp Fiction
Quote: Samuel L. Jackson...Pulp Fiction
Yes, I would have just used a you-tube clip, but I didn't want to risk upsetting the moderators' IBS.
Quote: Yes, I would have just used a you-tube clip, but I didn't want to risk upsetting the moderators' IBS.
Doesn't take much to do that!
Listen...if the title for your thread doesn't tell me who is gonna be in the Final Four.......please keep it to yourself!! I mean really......I have important stuff to do like make my 2136th post on this worthless website!!!!!!
I would assume O meant to say that secondaries would possibly be filled on the vacancy bid for the B777 and B757, since those seats are, according to him, short. I am speculating that he mentioned secondaries since none have been filled on any of the last few vacancy bids.

The excess bid would be in concert with, or separate from, the vacancy bid.

But don't take my word for since I often the dimmest bulb in the box.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 3 of 5
Go to