MEM to ANC commute on Fedex

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
Opinions on a NWA guy commuting on Fedex from MEM to ANC? I think we have a lot of commuters that do that route, but not sure if it possible or not.
Thanks!
Not just from MEM, but I'm wondering how hard of a commute is it PERIOD into and out of ANC? Just a heads up, but about 80 more ANC commuters (UPS MD-11 & 747-400 crews) are headed that way in 2007.

How many pilots does Fedex have based in ANC anyway?
[

How many pilots does Fedex have based in ANC anyway?[/QUOTE]

123 Capt
131 F/O
as of the Aug bid pack
Quote: Not just from MEM, but I'm wondering how hard of a commute is it PERIOD into and out of ANC? Just a heads up, but about 80 more ANC commuters (UPS MD-11 & 747-400 crews) are headed that way in 2007.

We are adding about 30 more Capt.'s and 40 FO's up there as well. The commute sucks, there is no way around it. FedEx is great for us because we can reserve a staging js 2 weeks out. I did it for 5 years OAK-ANC, it is an all nighter and then you get in at 0700 and don't leave until the following am. I got a capt bid up there so will be doing it again soon. We love having you guys js with us and will welcome you with open arms. Alaska Airlines is a nightmare to js on back and forth From SEA to ANC. A million guys trying to get on and always cancelling flights. Alaska flightcrews are great but you have to deal with surley gate agents who hate pilots before you can get to them. Wish I could say something good, but it is painfull. I am dreading doing it again and thinking about just moving up there...Good luck
We need to welcome the NWA pilots in a big way... I JS on them all the time. But looking at the availability - the jump seats are often full, and the only time from MEM to ANC is the all nighter.
World fllies out of Atlanta to Anchorage (freight) on a nearly daily basis although I doubt that will be of any use to FedEx or NW pilots. UPS might be able to utilize those seats though.
Quote:
123 Capt
131 F/O
as of the Aug bid pack[/QUOTE]

What % do you think commute?
Quote: 123 Capt
131 F/O
as of the Aug bid pack

What % do you think commute?[/QUOTE]

I have no knowledge of this, but would guess somewhere around 65-75%, maybe higher.
Quote: [

123 Capt
131 F/O
as of the Aug bid pack[/QUOTE]

We used to have more, I was 145 of 145 for a full year during '97 and '98! Usually open seats on the MEM, IND and EWR flights.
It may be of interest to some........According to the folks that put out bids for Brown, there are only around 30 pilots with an ANC address. There will be a huge problem if guys want to JS there if they bid the MD or Whale. There aren't enough seats. Forget FedEx, they have their seats and then there are the UPS ones which will fill up really quickly. It'll be a stinkin' mess.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to