Northwest.. recruiting scab F/As via Monster.com

Subscribe
Northwest has put up flight attendant (scab?) job openings already on http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob....ht%20attendant
In addition
check these scabs out:

http://kstp.dayport.com/viewer/viewe...?Art_ID=161901
Quote: Northwest has put up flight attendant (scab?) job openings already on http://jobsearch.monster.com/getjob....ht%20attendant
I'm not familiar with NWA's inflght ranks, but do they have FA's on furlough? Are you sure that they're hiring replacement workers and not covering manpower shortages? I know that the mechanics are in ongoing negotiations, although I haven't heard about the FA's. Is the assumption that AFA will honor AMFA's picket line if it comes to that (and well they should)?
do flight attendant scabs get treated as pilot ones?
My girlfriend is looking into a career as a flight attendant... if she got hired at Northwest during a labor strike, would she be treated poorly by the other crew members? And after the labor strike ended, would her employment there be terminated also?

Please don't reply with a bunch of hate posts, I just want to be able to give her the best advice I can.
Quote: My girlfriend is looking into a career as a flight attendant... if she got hired at Northwest during a labor strike, would she be treated poorly by the other crew members?
Simply being hired during a strike would not put her in danger. However, if she crossed a picket line to work during a strike she WOULD be a SCAB and there is NO love in this industry for them. In that case I assure you that she would be treated poorly.
Flight attendant
Yes she would be hammered for being a scab Flt attn. I've got to tell you that she should not be thinking CAREER as a flt attn. The industry is sooo completely screwed up I don't think she would be happy after a few years.
scab Flight Attendants
Please look at the United scab pilots. There were two lists carried by Captains and they used them to see if you were a scab. If you were a scab pilot then the Captain asked you to not talk to him/her. No love here! I would consider all these factors before crossing picket lines. Not the way to start a career.
Quote: My girlfriend is looking into a career as a flight attendant... if she got hired at Northwest during a labor strike, would she be treated poorly by the other crew members? And after the labor strike ended, would her employment there be terminated also?

Please don't reply with a bunch of hate posts, I just want to be able to give her the best advice I can.

DON'T DO IT!! The job is not worth it. It is a very ugly lifestyle once the strike ends with all the strikers coming back to work.

Personally, I would rather sell shoes than live my life out as a scab.
this is the part that stood out to me---

"...ndividuals who successfully complete Flight Attendant training may be offered employment with competitive pay in the event of a labor dispute or strike."

wild--

sue