United’s Board Approves Merger W/ Continental

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to
Everyone speaks of the merger as if it has already happened, yet it still needs antitrust approval if I am understanding correctly. So my question is, what are the odds of approval? Based on how everyone is talking about the board approvals of the merger, I am guessing odds of antitrust approval are pretty high, but I admittedly have very little knowledge of the subject. Just wondered what everyone's opinions and insight into that matter are.
Please please please PLEASE hang on to scope. For the sake of ALL our careers.
Remember the old saying "all politics is local," then look at who's in charge. United is based in Chicago, The President and the DOT guy are old school Chicago politicians. Approval will happen quickly, IMO.
Quote: So...now what about the seniority lists? How are these going to get combined?

-Many thousands of people are about to get screwed. And then there are the 1437 furloughed United pilots, who are about to get it twice. Without lube~
To get a VERY educated guess just look at how the US/AmWest and the Delta/NWA deals worked out. Arbitrators awarded decisions that were very consistent with ALPA's guidance.

Simply put: Relative Seniority more or less.

Nobody gets screwed, that's something whiners say. They're simply an appreciation of reality. This job isn't what any of us thought it would be.
New List
Quote: To get a VERY educated guess just look at how the US/AmWest and the Delta/NWA deals worked out. Arbitrators awarded decisions that were very consistent with ALPA's guidance.

Simply put: Relative Seniority more or less.

Nobody gets screwed, that's something whiners say. They're simply an appreciation of reality. This job isn't what any of us thought it would be.

I wouldn't be opposed to Alpa announcing a seniority list tomorrow, just to avoid all the bickering!
The Lights Just Turned On
This merger is the greatest thing that could have happened to the U.S. airline industry. Alas, the savior known as United, a great pilot group will give no quarter to the scab infested cockroaches that make up CALs training department, chief pilot offices, and middle management. The light has turned on and the cockroaches will be destroyed. Can't wait for the mass exodus of these vermin.
deleted....
Quote: I wouldn't be opposed to Alpa announcing a seniority list tomorrow, just to avoid all the bickering!

I will be surprised if the list is not already made. Personally, I think this merger will wrap up faster than Delta.

It is time.
Washington post.....
United, Continental boards OK merger: sources
Wish you all the best! Keep it civil, work together!
Call your Reps., time to use your leverage and kill the AeroLingus deal!
1  2  3  4  5  6 
Page 3 of 6
Go to