High Wing/Low Wing/Biplanes

Subscribe
I'm writing a paper comparing high/low wings and biplanes as far as advantages and disadvantages go. Does anyone here know of any key points I should be sure to include or any good sources to find info on this topic
Quote: I'm writing a paper comparing high/low wings and biplanes as far as advantages and disadvantages go. Does anyone here know of any key points I should be sure to include or any good sources to find info on this topic
visibility is something you should touch on, it's a huge difference between high and low in terms of visibility.

also in my experience, high wings get rocked hard on gusts during landing.
some ideas: high wing inherent dihedral; stability; wing struts & flying wires; gravity fed fuel systems, etc...
thanks for the input! I was planning on including most of that, but would have completely overlooked the gravity fed high wings vs fuel pump low wings which is actually a pretty big deal
Blind Spots
Low wing descending to pattern altitude while a high wing is already there. They can't see each other.

Just a thought

Almost forgot - Mother Nature (or deity of your choice) doesn't make low wing birds.
Ground effect - low wing airplanes can stay in ground effect longer a few feet higher than a high wing airplane. That makes flare-to-landing different as well as soft field take offs and landings.
Quote: it's a huge difference between high and low in terms of visibility.
In MOST high wing airlplanes....but high wing in itself doesn't preclude good visibility - the Cessna 190/195 had good visibility OVER the down wing in a turn.
Quote: Almost forgot - Mother Nature (or deity of your choice) doesn't make low wing birds.
Humans do not make planes which require flapping wings...
Bi-Planes have terrible visibility, that's why they never fly straight and level for long periods. That and it's a lot more fun to be cranking and banking all the time.
Dave