Volunteer on overnights?

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
We seem to be getting more 30+ hour overnights. Does anyone know of a way to find volunteer opportunities for one day? Are there any websites that will direct crewmembers toward these activities?
Mods will move this thread to Hanger Talk in 3.....2......1......NOW!
tim martins would know ! haha

id say check out craigslist under the jobs section, google the city name your in + the word charity should bring up local places!
ex. (allentown local charity)
VolunteerMatch - Where Volunteering Begins
Who the eff do you work for? 30hr overnights seems ridiculously long. I haven't seen a 20 much less a 30hr overnight.
Go door to door asking people to cut their grass for a small fee in the spring and summer, rake their leaves in the fall, shovel their snow in the winter. Being a CRJ FO you could probably use the extra dough, and take those 30 hr layovers and make them a bit more useful. Surely lots of old ladies would appreciate the help.
Would you like to ' volunteer ' to do my CFI renewal online ? JK FAA !!!
Quote: Who the eff do you work for? 30hr overnights seems ridiculously long. I haven't seen a 20 much less a 30hr overnight.
SKW does them occasionally, usually a weekend deal where you can't take the same flight out the next day because it doesn't operate. The one that comes to mind is MSY, but not sure why you would have trouble finding something to do THERE...
Yeah, Lakes has a few 30+ hour overnights. One that comes to mind right now is GGW. Quite possibly the worst overnight on earth. Used to have a 34-hour overnight in MCE. Was cool cause you could rent a car and head to Yosemite or Frisco or Santa Cruz or wherever. That overnight no longer exists though.
Quote: Surely lots of old ladies would appreciate the help.
And don't forget your FA either.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to