ATP CFI mins...??

Subscribe
Is this true for CFI mins to work at ATP???

Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
  • Multi-Engine Instructor (MEI) Rating
  • Instrument Instructor (II) Ratings
100 Hours Multi-Engine PIC (PA-44 Preferred)
  • 40 Hours Multi-Engine Cross-Country PIC
    using Airline-Style Crew Resource Management Experience
Garmin GNS 430 & HSI Experience
Something wrong with that?
Just seems a little high for multi time. I dont know anyone who has that kind of money to get 100 hours multi before a cfi job.
Quote: Just seems a little high for multi time. I dont know anyone who has that kind of money to get 100 hours multi before a cfi job.
Sure you do, the guys that pay to go through the program.
Do the CFI's who get hired at ATP have to go through ATP's training to work there? There is a new location opening up over in Chicago and I want to get a look at it. I still need to do my MEI so maybe that could be a way in the door. I have more than the min's to work there, but my FBO doesn't do any ME training, so it hasn't been worth it....until maybe now. Any ATP'ers out there who might have advice? I understand its a new location and will be slow and small to start...but I'd love to beef up my multi time there. It's hard to come by anywhere else!
Quote: Sure you do, the guys that pay to go through the program.
Exactly. People who pay to go through their program have a good amount of multi time. Plus they know the system, it makes it a perfect transition to become a CFI there and REALLY build the multi time.

I know a lot of people who make fun of the "pilot mills" but I really think ATP has something going for them. As a CFI, you build all (or mostly) multi time so by the time you have 1500 hours, almost all of that is multi time. Puts you in a much better position than CFIing at a mom n' pop FBO where you will never see something with 2 engines on it.