Jetblue and AA merger noise

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to
My wife is a flight attendant with AA, she's hearing "noises" about merger talks between the two carriers, what say you ?
Quote: My wife is a flight attendant with AA, she's hearing "noises" about merger talks between the two carriers, what say you ?
I don't think so, Jetblue gets feed, and we get feed. Why buy the cows when your getting the milk for free.....

AA

Disclaimer, my opinion is valid for 10 seconds, as this is a dynamic business and everything is fluid.
Quote: My wife is a flight attendant with AA, she's hearing "noises" about merger talks between the two carriers, what say you ?
What would they use for money? We have a $1.4 Billion cash in the bank LH owns 19% thats a $1 Billion....we own about half our aircraft...we have a market cap of $5 Billion....seriously?
and aa is 3.5 B so?
I agree with you, I'm only the messenger....
This is one of the silliest things I've heard. Jetblue and AA are on opposite ends of the spectrum. They are two totally different types of operations. Those two merging would be like a merger bewtween Marriott and Motel 6.

The most likely scenario for a future merger would be AA and US.
Quote: I agree with you, I'm only the messenger....
No I here you...plus I'm not sure it would get by DOT...New York ...both have major bases BOS Major Operations LAX/LGB major operations for both.

I mean 75% of this is a huge overlap...not to mention the Caribbean.

I'm just say in...more than likely JetBlue will get drug into One World.
You guys are missing the point. The real question: what will Arpey and the BOD gain from this merger?
Quote: You guys are missing the point. The real question: what will Arpey and the BOD gain from this merger?
You beat me to it. Mergers are about ego and personal wealth.
Quote: Those two merging would be like a merger bewtween Marriott and Motel 6.
They funny thing about this statement is that each of the two different pilot groups here will assume that you are considering THEIR airline to be the Marriott.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 7
Go to