Go Jet Loses a million a month

Subscribe
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to
From Airliners.net.............

After a month, airline $1M in hole

Jonathan Ornstein, chief executive of Mesa Air Group Inc., says go!'s $1 million loss in its first month of operation was lower than expected. Its planes were 82.5 percent full and 88.9 percent on time in June.
You may want to see about changing your title. It sounds like you're mistaking one crappy airline for another. Go! is owned by Mesa holdings as you mentioned. GoJets is owned by Trans States holdings and operates 70 seat jets under a United codeshare on the mainland.
Quote: You may want to see about changing your title. It sounds like you're mistaking one crappy airline for another. Go! is owned by Mesa holdings as you mentioned. GoJets is owned by Trans States holdings and operates 70 seat jets under a United codeshare on the mainland.
I was thinking the same thing...what's funny is that I wasn't surprised by either GJ or Go! losing $1M per month...
Maybe it's the curse of Independence Air, passed on through the airframes... (although they lost more than a million a month flying the exact same aircraft...)
I gotta say I am a mesa pilot and I would love for this to fall on its face. Our company email was puluted with bull**** about this for months how great it was and how great JO was for putting it together. Way to go Sport! Start blowing the profits everyone else is earning for you. We have a contract coming up, this is probrably how they will show that we are not making enough money to pay pilots right. Not this time Boss!
I thik Go! is just a scheme to put the company into the money losing / downsizing mode prior to contract negotiations next year. JO hopes he can put the fear of god in the junior pilots and extract a smokin' deal contract.
Just like the failed attempt by Risley to start a RJ airline in Fort Worth.
couldn't happen to a nicer guy....sorry mesa guys, you deserve better.....

I'm sure that the loss from this venture will show up in contract 07 negotiations.
Quote: I gotta say I am a mesa pilot and I would love for this to fall on its face. Our company email was puluted with bull**** about this for months how great it was and how great JO was for putting it together. Way to go Sport! Start blowing the profits everyone else is earning for you. We have a contract coming up, this is probrably how they will show that we are not making enough money to pay pilots right. Not this time Boss!
Why not this time? Why won't they stick it to you?
Quote: Why not this time? Why won't they stick it to you?
We are profitable and everyone knows it, its time to start treating the people who got the company to that point properly. And JO believe it or not you didn't do it alone.

The pilots that are still here have sucked it up for way too long. They gave in on a lot of issues on the last contract in order to get the freedom flying to the mesa/alpa pilots. There will be no more alter ego's to get around the contract, that is language in the current contract. Furthermore there is such bad mouthing on the street about Mesa between that and SLS these poor kids online, most of which never put a hard day in anywhere, think they have to go to Express Jet to work for a good company. Its all in the stroke of a pen people, it changes that quick.

By the way, look around we aren't the only ones that have had it stuck too us, nor were we the first.
1  2 
Page 1 of 2
Go to